PDA

View Full Version : N/E Donzi Club get together August 12th at the Waters Edge

Shanghied Again
07-25-2001, 08:55 PM
So the weekend is not totally waisted ! 11.00 am Sunday August 12th at the Waters Edge in Bayville NJ. We will get together so far there are 9 Donzis on the list. Dave the owner at the Waters Edge loves the Idea being a Donzi lover himself.
http://northeastdonziclub.homestead.com/index.html

Moody Blu'
07-26-2001, 05:43 PM
WHOA!!! make that 10 donzis!!!!!!
I just signed up here, I met a dude with a 88 donzi classic and his son told me about this sight! ill tell the other classic owner too!!!!( I could always use a helping hand if something goes astray!)
I would love to meet up with you guys on august 11th!
YAHHOOOO
why dont you email me with your phone number, and ill call you!!
beerock420@hotmail.com

Christian
07-26-2001, 07:39 PM
hate to break it to you fellas but
12th= Sunday
11th= Saterday!!!

the run to watersedge is Sunday?

And do the people from south jersey need direcs to get there, SINCE WE ARE NOT MEETING IN AC THAT DAY AS A GROUP????
just a thought.

Christian

Shanghied Again
07-26-2001, 09:36 PM
OOPs sorry about that August 12th is the day. Good thought Christian. If anyone need Directions E-Mail me. Its not hard to get there and there is a Marina next door to drop the boats in. SkyBlue I will E-Mail you and Welcome aboard!

Moody Blu'
07-26-2001, 09:41 PM
oops my bad fellas I meant the 12th :p

Christian
07-26-2001, 10:08 PM
yeah frank i need direcs big time both road and water way. Cause not sure how we are going up there.

thanks

Christian

Shanghied Again
07-28-2001, 10:24 AM
Anyone that will need directions? I will be working on a map later.
http://northeastdonziclub.homestead.com/index.html

JP BRESCIA
08-01-2001, 08:35 PM
CHRISTIAN......
Sounds like you were looking forward to the snake trails also. If you were to arrive by water, where would you be starting from?

You just may get some company. :D

Moody Blu'
08-01-2001, 09:13 PM
I am really getting excited about the club meeting up at water edge on aug 12th.
I will probably have the most beatup looking 18 classic (except for the engine)its in restoration stages and engine tuneing stages.
I wish big griz could come up to school me
I am really looking forward to seeing all the differnet classic set ups!!!

boldts
08-02-2001, 12:06 AM
Broque,

If you don't hook up with Randy (Big Grizzly) this summer, plan to come to Lake Cumberland in Kentucky next year. (May 9th through the 14th) You could travel with Frank who made the trip from NJ and attended this years Awakening of the Horses. Randy attended this year with his ProCharged Donzi Criterion. The Big Griz knows his stuff and I wouldn't question any advice he would give me. You will be seeing more about this event in upcoming months as I begin to get things together for next years gathering. If Geoo brings his X-18 from CT down again next year, you will want to get a ride in his Donzi. It has a SBC Stroker with a Arneson drive behind it. Boat flies and looks awsume coming down the lake. Frank has a ProCharger in his 22ZX also. Check out www.mwdonziclub.com (http://www.mwdonziclub.com) when you get a chance. I'll begin to update the site as I come up with a new look for it. If you check out www.donzimarine.com (http://www.donzimarine.com) there is a section for club events and pictures called Channel Z. Take a look at the pictures from AOTH I.

Shanghied Again
08-02-2001, 04:54 PM
Scott. I am saving your site and moving it over to the N/E site. The center hub is our harbormaster and The Donzi registry,we can all get to each other sites and know whats going on. Donzis Rule!

Desert Fox
08-02-2001, 09:16 PM
Know of (3) sweet 16 ob's coming to water's edge and (1) I/O

see you then!

Shanghied Again
08-03-2001, 04:52 AM
Guys.
If you come up by water, Get an Intercoastel map. The inside to the waters edge is a great ride but the snake turns to the Great bay are tricky, The channel markers are the opposite way, Green is on your right to Barnegat. Do not make the fatal mistake and think its red right return, if you go out by 4ft on either side you will be on land. Once you get up to the Manahawkin bridge its only 18 minutes away. You come down the Barnegat bay and were Good Luck point is thats were Waters Edge is at. If you go to the point were the bay and river meet you went to far. I will have my VHF on 78. I will also post my cell number. soon I am working on directions from the Parkway that would be easy. I know you get off the Forked River exit heading down Lacy rd turn left at rt 9 Intersection a Shell station is on your left and a Spirits liquers is on your right head East on rt 9 north Till you get in to Baville turn right by A&P and Mcdonalds thats Ocean Gate ave next street on your right is Veeder turn right take that down until you hit Bayview make a left about a mile down the road is The Waters Edge and right next door is Good Luck Marina they have a boat ramp. My home number is 732-255-1531

Moody Blu'
08-04-2001, 11:13 AM
oh boy! next weekend!!!
I cant wait!!

Moody Blu'
08-04-2001, 05:52 PM
Frank, how bout it if we do a little prop selection at the club meeting at waters edge??
do you happen to know that a couple of the donzi(vovlvo penta) owners have a couple of props?
I am probably being selfish for asking but, I want to see what my boat would do with a different prop. I couldnt think of a better time to do prop testing. since there will be a couple different classics.
I hope you think I am not being a little pushy. I just want more speed.
and I dont have the money to go buy a prop and test it. I need to know that it will work BETTER than what I have.
let me know,
throw the idea around and lets see what happens, I would think it would be cool to test different props out at a club meeting.
until then TAKE CARE!!