PDA

View Full Version : Okay, who's the wise guy?

GeneD
01-05-2001, 09:55 AM
I'm back y'all!
What I want to know is...who came by and worked on my boat? It seems to be going 2-3 MPH faster than when I left!
What's the deal?
Actually, right before I left I took it for a ride and noticed that it was going faster. I also noticed a chine walk that was never there before.
Strange...
So, what have you all been up to?
I spent 3 weeks in the glorious great white north and boy did it suck. It was cold as a bitch, and we got snow 3 times to boot. At one point, we measured the snowfall halfway in the storm, 8.5 inches and rising!!!!!
We had some fun, but mostly it was freezing cold out, and getting bundled up was a routine that often took 5-10 minutes. Being a Floridian for so many years makes one's blood a bit thin.
Corvette took a dump twice. The first time I come out of the house and I had a flat on my brand new Goodyear. Turned out to be a rim leak, the local Firestone dealer fixed it for free! I guess they are on a good guy spree or something.
Second time, I had anti-freeze dripping onto my floormat on the passenger side. Freaking heater core. Which surprised me seeing how I put in two gallons of anti-freeze before I left Florida. So I bought some stop-leak and it disappeared. I am going to have to do a heater core job soon I guess. And that is one of the worst jobs to do on a chevy, let alone a Corvette.
Other than that, no other problems. The ride back to FLA was uneventful, but tiring. My back is killing me and I feel as if I did the Daytona 500...twice!
When I had gotten to Philly last month, I fell out of the car, and had a hard time standing up! The vibration from that thing killed all my nerve endings!
What a time. I won't be doing it again real soon I can tell you that.
So, what did Santa bring you guys? I guess the most memorable present I got was the Beatles Anthology. VERY interesting. Though the picture of Don Aronow and the Beatles was conspicuously missing, unless I just haven't been able to find it.
What ever happened to those photos going up for auction?
Missed you guys! Is everyone getting ready to go to the Portofino? I am psyched, let me tell you. I wasn't able to mingle as much as I would have like last year, and I want to do more of it this year.
Donzi! Yeah!
I can not wait to take 007 out for a ride again. But I think I will wait until the weather heats up a bit. I am just tired of the cold!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Frank Civitano
01-05-2001, 10:31 AM
Hey Welcome back! I waited for you to stop by but I guess the snow was to deep for the Corvette.. Frank

PaulO
01-05-2001, 10:31 AM
Gene,
Welcome back? You were missed. Are you back to stay?
PaulO

GEOO
01-05-2001, 02:49 PM
Drago,
It sounds like you missed the good old north!! Welcome Back!!!! GEOO

GeneD
01-05-2001, 03:00 PM
Hey guys and gals, thanks...
GEOO, you know what? Whenever you consider going up north, you get that old nostalgia feeling. Then...when you get there, it's "What the hell am I doing here?"
FrankC, uh...yeah, that's it, the Corvette!
PaulO, maybe, maybe not! Still searching for a job. The recesssion is begining to hit hard. I think I was the first of the bunch to go. Still looking for a job in FLA though, and will continue to do so unless something else pops up. Hey, in another month, I am eligible for unemployment again!!!
Can't wait to go for a ride on the Donzi that is for sure. Hopefully tomorrow, or Sunday. But that might interfere with football. Can't believe the football fanatics in Philly. They covered it on the front page of the newspaper. And for 50 pages!! No kidding. Well, good for them. Let's see if they are as lucky with New York.
Can't believe Miami pulled it out. In my humble opinion, they played like dogs and didn't deserve to win. But hey, that's football.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

boldts
01-05-2001, 08:46 PM
GeneD,
Glad to read you're back. Sorry about the way the northern weather treated you. "What the Heck am I doin up north?, Oh yea... My job is here!" If your lookin for places to meet up with your pals, hook up with the Alabama Gang on your way to Lake Cumberland KY on May 11th thru the 13th. The Midwest Donzi Club is holding our first annual "AWAKENING OF THE HORSES" It's a chance for us Midwest folks to wake up our Donzi horses after a long winter's nap. I hope to get to meet you.

Scott Boldt

GeneD
01-06-2001, 09:08 AM
Can't go to the AAOTH.
But if you can get your butt and boat over to Orlando, we can toast the Classics.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

boldts
01-06-2001, 12:53 PM
GeneD,
I'm considering flying down. Roundtrip flights have gotten very reasonable lately. My Donzi will not be attending though because next to you guy's Donzis, she looks like a run down row boat. I do love her though and am working to bring her back to showroom condition. I'm a family man working 40 hours a week so $$$ are tuff to come by.

Glad your back!
Scott Boldt

BigGrizzly
01-06-2001, 05:37 PM
Scott, Does it run, does it float, and is it a Donzi. If your answer is to the questions above is yes, then it is beautiful.
I just cane back from the Atlanta boat show with my son. He said " All the boats look the same, except the Donzis. They are really beautiful especially to all the other boats!" Never ever be ashamed of your Donzi regardless of whom you may be next to.
The best example. At the Orlando show The clasics were there from prestenr Donzi baby to engineless Black Hawk to primered spotted boats. All were beautiful, no one had any thing bad to say about any boats. Each and everyone was special in its own way. That is what owning a Donzi is about, besides the superior handling and ride!

[This message has been edited by BigGrizzly (edited 01-07-2001).]

boldts
01-06-2001, 07:24 PM
Thanks BigG... I know what you say is true. That is why I have owned my Donzi for over 15 years. I'm really crunching dollars to do the few fixes planned for this year to get her ready for the Cumberland event. The airfare is the lesser of the two cost wise and I will probably only be able to be there for the day. Early flight in, late flight out. I'm trying my best to make it happen though.

Scott Boldt

Blewbyu
01-07-2001, 07:41 PM
Old W.C. Fields said it best"One day I spent a month in Pliladelphia....."
Welcome back!We missed your bones.