PDA

View Full Version : Regazza

Miq
07-21-2000, 07:34 PM
Hello Donzisti (is that the right word for Donzi enthusiasts?)

While I'm an experienced sailboater (raced competitively, sailed across open ocean to islands), and have spent many hours as "navigator/flagman/drink server" on friends powerboats, I have never owned or operated a powerboat. Unless you count the 12' dingy with outboard when I was a kid.

After looking around for a couple months, I've settled on the fact that I want a closed bow boat in the 22-23' size.

I've stumbled upon a '88 Donzi Regazza, and while trying to find information on it, found your web forums.

The boat in question has an OMC 5.7 but I have no idea what the power out put is, it also has a stainless prop and what I think are trim tabs (metal plates on the back). The cockpit area has some four color seats but the cabin has no padding aside from a runner of vinyl.

Was the Regazza a special model? Was this boat from before or after OMC purchased Donzi?

Does anyone have any information on the Regazza?

EricG
07-21-2000, 10:12 PM
While doing my pre-purchase research I stumbled upon a 1987 Boating Magazine article about the release of the Ragazza. It was designed to be Donzi's family line of boats (later replaced by the Medallion and LXR series, I believe). They made a 19,21, and 23 Bowrider, and a 23 & 25 cuddy. The article basically stated that the Ragazza's used the same high quality materials and components from the other lines, as well as the same color schemes, but just packaged it in a lower cost, more family friendly platform (Sea Ray, etc).

As far as production, for the '88 model year, Donzi was producing 500 Z's and Classic's (combined), and 2000 Ragazza's.

Once again, this is all based on 1 article, but I hope it helps.

EG

Owen
07-22-2000, 12:28 PM
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=943763&a=4289178&p=24810766&Sequence=0

Not my cup of tea but Ah, "Its a Donzi."
The 5.7 was rated anywhere from 230 to 260 hp.
Previous comments on this board reguarding OMC Donzis are far less enthusiastic than
the pre and post OMC Donzis. My personal opinion is that they were Corp Boats. Just like
Welcraft and that the racing, quality, aspects somehow got lost during those years.