PDA

View Full Version : Hull Name???

mehaynes
07-21-2000, 10:40 AM
Can anyone help me identify the hull style (model name) for the following... It's a
1979 22' with 2+3 seating, port side controls, about 6" of raised decking over the
engine area and a Gale Banks twin turbo 454 w/TRS. I thought it was a classic, but
now I'm not so sure.

Please help! mehaynes@altavista.com

Mark

GeneD
07-21-2000, 11:01 AM
Are we talking about a Donzi?
Sounds like a Cigarette to me.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

AVickers
07-21-2000, 11:30 AM
Probably a Criterion.

Limited production with a lot of different helm locations and windshield configurations...

Helm in front w/ two bubble windshields.

Helm in back seat w/ cowls and walkthru to two jump seats up front.

Helm in back w/ cover over front seat area.

GeneD
07-21-2000, 12:16 PM
http://www.donzi.net/ubb/rolleyes.gifThrottles in engine compartment with jump seat for user? http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 07-21-2000).]

AVickers
07-21-2000, 01:55 PM
Actually, the rear-helm Criterion I saw had a bench rear seat with a deck-level separator coming out from the gunwales on either side between the rear and front seats. This pass-through separator served as the back bolster for the two built-in front seats.

The driver's position was on the right end of the rear bench -- the helm was mounted on the back of the separator/front seatback. The throttle/shift lever was mounted on the gunwhale in a location appropriate for someone sitting in the back seat to drive the boat. Both separators had footwells that extended under the front seats. The left seatback had a grab handle for the passenter.

Individual windscreens were mounted on the tops of the separators. Front-seat passengers were "out in the breeze."

It also had a hydraulic motor-lift hatch that formed a flat deck across the whole rear section of the boat over the engine bay.

Really different-looking.

Scott Pearson
07-21-2000, 02:53 PM
You say it had seating like a 2+3...It sounds like its an F-22. I have only seen one of them and it was in Brick Twp. NJ. Big Block with TRS drive. Great looking boat! You could stand in the boat and the sides would be about waist high. get a Picture if you can.

Didn't someone ask about this boat about a Month ago wanting to know what it was?

(NJ) Scott