PDA

View Full Version : Be Nice!

harbormaster
01-03-2001, 12:01 PM
Guys!
Go easy on speed demon. Try to be helpful. Not everyone is as all knowing as you guys.
And Ralph I am the one who deleted your post. I don't care how true it was, it was still downright mean. I once owned a Bayliner Bucaneer sailboat because it was all I could afford.

Scot V

Donzigo
01-03-2001, 12:27 PM
Here here...for Scot. I posted a couple of posts a year or so ago, timidly, for I was new in the registry. The reply was so foul that I didn't post for a year. Figured I didn't have time for the attitude.

------------------
http://www.Donzi.net/richardsig.jpg

Looped
01-03-2001, 01:19 PM
Sorry Scot, Speedemon & GeneD.
Being the idiot with the first reply I do apologize. At first it seemed like things didn’t piece together. So I figured it could be someone known in the Registry with a funny. Not so funny I guess.

Oops

Forrest
01-03-2001, 03:42 PM
. . . and my apologies as well and welcome to Donzi.net . . . and yes I have some skeletons in the closet too . . . Shhhh! I'll let you in on something that I haven't told anyone outside of immediate family - I own a 15' Hydrostream Viper - Yep it's true folks, and it's metalflake brown with pumpkin interior, it's fast as _____, and until last week it had a soft, or I should say, a rotted-out floor. A piece of 1/2" PT plywood and a little fiberglass here and there works wonders, but it's still an ugly boat to me - but to someone else, it will be a dream come true.

Speedemon, if you like your Bayliner then you should keep it and do a floor job on it. This is an easy job that you can do yourself which will add value to your boat if you decide to sell it. Potential buyers will often not let a little smoke bother them, but they will almost always run the other way when they step into a boat with a soft floor. Remember whether boating in a Bayliner or a Donzi the object is to have fun and Key West IS the place to have fun on the water. Are Donzis well made boats? You bet your butt they are. Are Bayliners good boats? Well, you can probably tell me and others on this board about your Bayliner a heck of a lot better than any of us can. Let us know how we can help.

Best of luck, dude.

----------------
Forrest

PS. Speedemon better not be Jimmy Caffery or someone else that we know and haven't heard from in a while. . . I do know that it couldn't be GeneD - he's just too serious of a guy . . . well, when it come to this board that is.

Ralph Savarese
01-03-2001, 03:57 PM
Sorry Guys I thought it would be funny without insulting anyone. my deepest apologies. I to could not afford the Donzi and still can't.But it was a true story .I am sorry if I hurt anyone.
Thanks for bringing that to my attention Scott
May the Donzi Registry live on!
Ralph

Frank Civitano
01-03-2001, 05:28 PM
Me to ! I didn't see the origional post and I thought it was a funny! Hey I started with a Broken down GW Invader if anyone remembers them. It had a hole in the bottom as big as a Basketball. With No Seats and a birds nest.

------------------
Frank Civitano

digitalMan
01-03-2001, 05:38 PM
Forrest -

Is that Hydrostream for sale? There's one on Boat Trader. I was just wondering if it was yours.

speedemon
01-03-2001, 05:48 PM
Just having a little fun guys http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif
It's wintertime and those of you that arn't working on your Donzis need some entertainment.
ANONYMOUS http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif http://www.donzi.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

BTW, it's not Jim Caffery.

------------------
speedemon

Rob
01-03-2001, 09:43 PM
Frank, I still have my GW Invader and the 1974 20hp Mercury I bought for it!!

Blewbyu
01-03-2001, 10:56 PM
C'mon you guys-I started paddling a log,but that doesn't mean we can't have a bitta fun.It didn't strike me as mean spirited-think most everyone recognizes a "Red Herring" when they see one-some days ya just have to bite it,and shake it for a while,then turn it loose to go get some other suckers!

Len
01-04-2001, 12:22 AM
Speedemon, for a "new comer" to the site and being a Bayliner owner/sailer, registering on Jan 02/2001, wondering about the "quality" of a Donzi,...I am surprised of your knowledge of the Merc service manuals, which ones are inexpensive and thorough, and your knowledge of Fasteddie, President of the LG Donzi club?...hmmmm

PaulO
01-04-2001, 08:31 AM
Len,
Stop straying and get back to your boat search!!!!
PaulO

Forrest
01-04-2001, 08:34 AM
Len - Did you notice how well speedemon quickly mastered the smiley-face thing in his posts? The only other person that I know who is this good with smiley faces and hasn't responded the either of these threads is none other the madpoodle himself, Scott Baxter!!! OK Scott, are you actually Speedemon?

digitalMan - If it's the Hydrostream located in Eastpoint, FL, then yes that is the one, and I just bought it from that guy who had it for sale. Eastpoint is on the mainland just across from St George Island which is about 65 miles from Tallahassee and for that reason, along with it being extra cheap, it was an easy pick. His wife made sure that I was not going to leave there empty handed!! The hull, deck, and vinyl are all in great shape, but the floor was rotted along with the wood in the seats, and the trailer was rough. Presently, it's going through a quick renovation and is near completion using left-over materials from the Aquasport 22-2 floor job that I am now trying to finish up. The recent cold weather has put a hold on fiberglass work here in north Florida, but they are calling for highs around 65 on Saturday, which will work out fine with double MEKP in the mix.

------------------
Forrest

OK . . . I see now that the 'poodle did respond to the Bayliner thread . . . so maybe speedemon is not Scott after all, unless . . . naaa . . .

Hmmmmm . . .

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 01-04-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 01-04-2001).]

digitalMan
01-04-2001, 04:03 PM
Forrest-
That's the one. Just out of curiosity, what kind of shape is the motor in? I came real close to making inquiries, but decided I didn't have the space for another boat yet.

I want to find a setup like that to do the restoration on my 16 OB. I figure I can get by cheap if I find a mid-80's hydrostream, tunnel hull, or redneck bass boat with a 175 merc, jackplate, hydraulic steering and tabs. I can tear all that stuff off, put it on the Donzi, then sell what's left.

ANYWAY, your boat looked like a possibility, but I decided not to waste the guy's time.

Have fun with it!

Forrest
01-04-2001, 04:37 PM
digitalMan - The motor was already sold and mounted on an oyster boat by the time I got there. The deal was just for the boat and trailer only. When I found this deal, I was actually looking for a "name brand" 18' center-console since I have an extra nice 140 Johnson sitting in my garage that needs a home. I just wanted to put that motor on an easy-to-sell boat to have ready for sale in the spring. Since I have a 24" pitch Raker prop for that 140, I may just have to hang it on the Hydrostream and at least take it for a run or two up the river, but in any event, I don't plan on keeping any of this non-Don stuff.

------------------
Forrest

BERTRAM BOY
01-04-2001, 09:39 PM
Forrest,
Does this mean you are selling your Magnum? Does it,huh huh, does it?
BERTRAM BOY

boldts
01-04-2001, 10:17 PM
Bertrum,
Didn't Don create the Magnum company also? If so, I would say the answer to your question would be NO... If not, I'd like to try and get in on the bidding for that sweet boat also. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/tongue.gif

Blewbyu
01-04-2001, 10:52 PM
FORREST! I'm worried about you!
Man.......I gotta 9.9 Johnson, but I cain't justify hangin' a 30' Scarab on it.......even one with rotten floors and seats!
We have a nice place up here called Firhaven....neat rooms,very quiet,soft rubber walls.Visitation rights too.May I reserve one for you???????

Forrest
01-05-2001, 10:07 AM
You're worried about me? I'm worried about me!!!! NO, the Magnum is a keeper along with the 16 and 18 Donzis. Everything else that floats around here, including the '79 Hornet II will be someone elses pride and joy in the near future. Oops . . . got to go. There are a couple of guys in white coats standing at my doorway saying something about some medication that I need . . .

Sooooooooo Looooong now . . bye!!!

------------------
Forrest

BERTRAM BOY
01-05-2001, 03:29 PM
Boldts,
You are absolutely right. I read Forrest's post to quickly, and thought he said that he was getting rid of his "non Donzi" stuff......Oops.
BERTRAM BOY

Blewbyu
01-07-2001, 12:19 AM
Forrresssst! Is that a Bayliner Hornet II then????????????