PDA

View Full Version : Bayliner

speedemon
01-02-2001, 09:43 AM
I really like my 1887 18'Bayliner. It has a 4.3Merc, runs great and top speed is around 65MPH. The Bayliner is in great condition except the floor and transom are a little soft, upholstery needs to be replaced and the motor smokes.
My significant other and I were sailing last week and a Donzi passed us. It looked fast and rode the waves well.
I want to keep the Bayliner but partner wants to look at Donzis.
Are boats all built the same? Whats the difference between a Donzi and a Bayliner? Will a Donzi hold up as good as a Bayliner?

------------------
speedemon

Looped
01-02-2001, 09:59 AM
This is a joke, right? Is this GeneD?

Forrest
01-02-2001, 11:09 AM
I guess that someone must have thought that we are getting too serious around here!

Thank you! I can't stop laughing!!!

Tell you buddy that there is no need to go out and buy a Donzi since you guessed it already, all boats ARE actually built pretty much the same.

Hay, here is an idea, keep the Bayiner, put some plywood on the floor, and go with a 383 small-block Chevy and an Arneson ASD6! Guaranteed, it will be the only one like it!

------------------
Forrest

roadtrip
01-02-2001, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Forrest:
I guess that someone must have thought that we are getting too serious around here!

Thank you! I can't stop laughing!!!

Tell you buddy that there is no need to go out and buy a Donzi since you guessed it already, all boats ARE actually built pretty much the same.

Hay, here is an idea, keep the Bayiner, put some plywood on the floor, and go with a 383 small-block Chevy and an Arneson ASD6! Guaranteed, it will be the only one like it!

Option number 2!

Get three of those FORCE 50hp outboards that you always see on the back of bayliners, bolt them to the transom, and you've got the world's fastest bug killer.

Tree huggers ought to love it too!

Todd

BigGrizzly
01-02-2001, 05:52 PM
Someone living on Key West can actually not know that answer. This sounds like a story that some Old friends Steve or Pam Paragus would dream up. They would tease me about my 16 back then, only then it was a Chrystler outbord boat. If it is let me know. If not Sunnyvale has a vacant room.

Randy

Blewbyu
01-02-2001, 06:15 PM
The poor guy was probably SAILING because he DID have 3 Force motors on a Bayliner.........

Frank Civitano
01-02-2001, 06:32 PM
Were They Staggered 50 Forces? hehe.

------------------
Frank Civitano

Ralph Savarese
01-02-2001, 09:12 PM
What the heck happen to my post it disappeared!

I had said That me and my friend had bought an 1887 Bayliner also boat motor and trailer and we use it as an out house in his yard .The only thing is it is not even good for that because it doesn't even hold a smell never the less a value!This is really a True story!
Ralph

Tom on Lanier
01-02-2001, 09:21 PM
http://www.donzi.net/ubb/rolleyes.gifSpeedemon: They're coming to take you away ho ho they're coming to take you away ho ho, ha ha,he he,ho ho !!

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

speedemon
01-03-2001, 07:24 AM
Are youse guys trying to be cute http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif
Will my Bayliner run faster with outboards? I was thinking of a Evinrude V8 w/300 horsepower.But it sounds like an awful lot of trouble to switch engines.
We may just stick to sailing.
Who is GeneD?

------------------
speedemon

Looped
01-03-2001, 09:22 AM
GeneD is a wise man that has gone through it all. But he is always good for a good laugh when you’re least expecting it.

It’s been a while since his last dropped in. I liked it better when he was in the hunt for a job. http://www.donzi.net/ubb/frown.gif

Donzigo
01-03-2001, 12:44 PM
Hey gang, we might be missing an opportunity to bring somebody into the club who truly is innocent about boats.

Speed Demon - A DONZI as akin to a Bayliner, as a Jaguar would be to a Yugo. The Donzi boats are conceived and produced by thouroughbread boat builders. Bayliner is a production boat of questionable quality. That's why we are having fun with you.

Buy the DONZI, then tell us about what you find. You will be surprised at the quality and and thrilled at the performance. You will also have the coolest story on the resgistry about your previous innocence, and how far you have come.

GEOO
01-03-2001, 01:04 PM
BOY I'm Glad we cleared that up!!! GEOO

roadtrip
01-03-2001, 01:29 PM
Speedemon,
If your inquiry is of serious nature,
then I think everyone on this thread owes you an apology. Sorry man. E-mail me and we will hook up and talk Donzis, as I am sure everyone that occupies this board would do and loves to do. Sorry for piling on.
If this is a hoax, then please identify yourself as such, so we can continue with the opportunity to exhibit our eclectic and collective wits. It's cold out there and we all need a laugh... Todd

speedemon
01-03-2001, 05:40 PM
Just funnin guys http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif
Got bored with all the snow outside and I thought I'd get everyone going.
ANONYMOUS!

------------------
speedemon

GEOO
01-03-2001, 08:18 PM
Is this guy from Lake George???GEOO

speedemon
01-03-2001, 08:54 PM
NOPE! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/tongue.gif

------------------
speedemon

Ralph Savarese
01-03-2001, 09:19 PM
I honestly sent in an apology and that got deleted. I think you us Donzi people one for making us so crazy and making me feel guilty . My Bayliner story is true though! I was wondering who deleted my apology though?
we are a great bunch of people that visit this site as a common intrust Donzi.and lets keep it that way

Blewbyu
01-03-2001, 10:24 PM
Scott,Scott,Scott-
It's the PORT that rots you,not the starboard..........
And,besides that..........I miss the old Dragomaster!

Blewbyu
01-03-2001, 10:46 PM
Scary Story #1
Mercer Marine here on Lk Washington,hadda old bayliner 16-17 beater w/o power or OD out in their back lot.It kept getting in the way.Sooooooo.....about 5 winters ago,their f/glas man dragged it into his shop during a lull,chainsawed off the transom which was full of rot,laid new stringers,built a monster transom thats tied to the whole hull,rebuilt the deck and floors,and painted it taxicab yellow.Then the piec'e de resistance,hung a huge Merc 175 on it.They use it for a Service boat-it will tow another boat @50+ MPH!!!!Fried the old Merc after something like 3500 hours of that kinda abuse-and now have a NEW 200 Merc on the transom.You gotta have "balls of brass" to drive it-chine walks at 60,but rumor has it will do 80 if pilot has the cojones.Throttle has never been ALL the way open!This thing is BUTT UGLY-and blazing fast,wilder than any ride I've ever seen.Eats big Cats w/2200 hp for lunch-only the 90+ boats that are stable at that speed can pass him!Watching them tow at 50+ is pretty good entertainment too if the towed boat starts to swing just a hair outta line.It is a flat water boat tho-a 1' chop will knock your teeth out @35 mph.I'll try to get a pic of a HOT tow this spring-and post it on the Registry.THIS AIN'T yer grampas Bayliner!!!!!More like a 200hp shingle........they oughtta sell rides!!

GEOO
01-04-2001, 08:28 PM
Forrest,

It could look something like this!!!!

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1265596&a=9365572&p=30614302&Sequence=0 GEOO

Chops
01-04-2001, 08:46 PM
Wow, dude. . . .that's a mean lookin ride! My 18 IS the fictitious Bayliner compared to that bad boy. Does Cuisinart make all the drive parts or is the steering an ad-on? If anyone out there has a badly damaged one of those, I'd like to buy it just to polish it and mount it on the wall in my office.

boldts
01-04-2001, 08:48 PM
Geoo,
That is one awesome picture of an American Bayliner. LOL Question though, have you ever scraped the skeg that is under the prop on a speed bump or other item meant to keep our driving speeds down? I only ask because it appears to be awfully low to the ground. Can't wait to meet you and your Donzi at Lake Cumberland.

Scott Boldt

GEOO
01-05-2001, 05:53 AM
Bolts,
Yeh, I set the trim ram a little low. I plan to move the trim ram up a little this winter. Can't wait for Cumberland. Need to start working on the Donzi. I plan on having her in the water by March to dial everything in. GEOO "Thanks"

[This message has been edited by GEOO (edited 01-05-2001).]

Blewbyu
01-05-2001, 07:42 PM
DAIL on GEOO...............?????????

boxy
01-05-2001, 09:53 PM
SpeeDemon, why are you thanking somebody for inquiring about RickR's boat, unless ........

------------------
boxy
mailto:sboxma@sprint.casboxma@sprint.ca</A>
Smuggler's Cove
1000 Islands
Ontario

RickR
01-06-2001, 08:03 PM
HHHHMMMMMMMMM!! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/wink.gif
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1261326&a=9433834&p=37278964&Sequence=0&res=high

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

[This message has been edited by RickR (edited 01-06-2001).]

Tom on Lanier
01-06-2001, 08:23 PM
"Clingons" in a 22 Classic. Those kind of turns will do that, huh Rick.

------------------
Tom
"Tomahawk"

BigGrizzly
01-07-2001, 08:38 AM
Boss lady is going to have your hide. by the grin on your face, looks like another love affair with yet another fine looking lady. Thoes Donzi boats will do that to you.

Randy

RickR
01-08-2001, 06:38 PM
That specie of Clingon wears a big grin on their face. The other specie (The Boss)makes alot of noise and digs their nails into my left knee http://www.donzi.net/ubb/eek.gif

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>