PDA

View Full Version : Baby is home !

Sam
04-03-2002, 08:52 PM
After a long winter and a couple of bucks later my upgrade project is complete and the boat is home. I just installed the drive shower and am now going through the wiring in an effort to tiddy it up a bit. Thank god for strip ties and electric tape. I forgot how small the engine compartment is once the motor is in, oh well. Barring any really crapy weather I plan on splashing it this weekend. I have three props I plan on testing while putting some hours on as well.

Sam

Donzi Mainia, catch it !

Rootsy
04-03-2002, 09:04 PM
SAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEET!!!! you best keep notes on those props for me Sam... i get the little lady back into one piece and we need to do some prop testing before AOTH... vacation was approved and turned in today...

CDMA
04-03-2002, 09:15 PM
Ah man you are lucky. I am swimming in parts realizing AOTH ain't looking too good :confused: :( :( frown

Sam
04-03-2002, 09:22 PM
Jamie, I made up an Excell spread sheet for each prop starting at 3,000 rpm and going to 5,500 rpm although I don't plan on going that high. As soon a I have some numbers I'll send them over to you.

Chris, keep turning the wrenches, I know you can do it. Think Cumberland !

Sam

Brad Lyon
04-04-2002, 06:27 PM
Sam,

Congrat's on the completion of your rebuild, but where are you going to put it in water this weekend? I heard we will be lucky if we get to the mid 40's this weekend. Think what the wind chill will be at 70+ mph!

Brad

http://www.donzi.net/photos/eagleflag.gif

Sam
04-04-2002, 07:56 PM
Brad, I plan on launching at Orchard Lk. If your out that way look for the guy with the neoprene ski mask and googles on. eek!

Sam

Ranman
04-05-2002, 07:29 AM
Sam, What three props are you going to test? It's most likely too big, but I have a 25p Mirage Plus you're welcome to try.

Rootsy
04-05-2002, 08:13 AM
i am turning a 21 mirage @ 4500 right now with about 235 @ the prop... i was turning a 19 vengence @ 4500 in stock form and @ 5150 w/ 235 hp. all else being equal it looks like 25 hp / 500 rpm gain (the vengence was a tad less than perfect condition). doing a bit of math here and figuring 310hp @ prop with WOT target of 5000 rpm... puts you right @ 25 degrees of pitch... gosh this is crude... i don't think it is quite a linear relationship in rpm gain when goin from a 21 to a 23 to a 25... 25 might be a bit tooo much i think (if not sure hope you have a helluva lot of low rpm torque)... 23 sounds bout right though, just have to try it and see...

so sam... do you have a rev limiter??? i have an MSD Soft touch to put on the motor when i get it back in... along with a 5300 rpm chip... i also replaced plug wires and put a coil on it so i can get a bit of extra juice to the plugs...

Sam
04-05-2002, 09:46 AM
Randy, I have a two 21" props and a 23", damm it's going to be cold out there.

Sam

Ranman
04-05-2002, 09:54 AM
Sam, Check the weather for Wednesday. It's supposed to be 60F and partly cloudy. I could meet you up at Orchard Lk if you need any help.

Sagbay32
04-05-2002, 03:02 PM
Sam,
I just went by the Lake and was thinking how cool it would be to make a "first run" around it. Then I get home and sign on and read your post. If I stay in town I will have to look for you. I wish I could join you, but my boat is still in storage.

Digger
04-05-2002, 03:27 PM
Sam, great news! Good luck with the test runs...

p.s. one small shot of pre-lube with irish whisky won't do diddly for your props but can do wonders for the body in the cold :D

Sam
04-05-2002, 04:09 PM
Thank you laddy, that's fine advice. Although with my low tollerence to alcohol you might see me doing a poor impression of the "River Dance" in the parking lot.

Sam

alljet
04-05-2002, 04:38 PM
Sam,

It's freezing and spitting snow over here in the Kalamazoo area, and it's headed your way! I'm putting off my first water test for at least another week. Good luck!

Sam
04-05-2002, 06:45 PM
Great, my wife thinks I'm nut's as it is, unless it get's really ugly I'm there.

Sam

Rootsy
04-05-2002, 06:56 PM
WHAT IS UP WITH THIS WEATHER!!!! i live south of Jackson, I work in Battle Creek... crazy eh... but rent is cheap wink felt like it was mid january this morning with the blizzards i went through! sittin in the office staring out the window watching snow flakes fall til about 9 am... ok i'm ready for summer... winter is only nice for a little while then it seems to get old real fast...

you boys have fun boating... i'll be trying to put her back together! had to drive all over lenawee county tonight lookin for my head gaskets that UPS somehow ummm managed to deposit on someone elses doorstep... guess that's what you get for living in the seclusion of the sticks... least i only had to travel to the next lake over!!! :p now if i could only figure out why all my ignition parts somehow ended up in escanaba... :confused: