PDA

View Full Version : Mr Kern and his Donzi

Formula Jr
04-03-2002, 01:21 AM
After jerking Donzi around for three years. This is what Mr.Kern has to say about Donzi and Customer Support.

Hey All,

I was contacted by Donzi on Friday (03/01/02) and they explained where my boat was (process wise).

They have just completed re-applying the finishing mat (wet-out mat) and vinylester (Hydropel by AOC, custom blended vinylester resin).

They said that the vinalester will resist blistering better and is the same stuff they use on their new boats. They stated that I will have a 1996 boat with 2002 resin and gelcoat technology.

They have faired the hull and have prepped the boat for new gelcoat (hopefully, to be started and completed next week). They also indicated that they have perfectly color-matched my gelcoat.

After the gelcoat is applied and allowed to cure, they plan to take it for a test run and make sure that the running surface is true and make any adjustments if necessary.

This is all being done at no cost to me including the transportation to and from Florida.

There have been some delays but I want to make sure that they have enough time (within reason) to get it right.

Tidbart
04-03-2002, 06:27 AM
I lost track over the last year. Are you refering to Blister Boy???

mattyboy
04-03-2002, 07:44 AM
hope this gets posted on his and any other sites which he posted to when he was bashing Donzi!

glad to hear it worked out for him and that Donzi stood behind their product

Matt