PDA

View Full Version : We did it!

GeneD
07-18-2000, 12:36 PM
This may be a bit premature...but I'll tell you all anyway.
First off, the race at Deerfield Beach had a small field, but all of them were front runners and it was a very exciting race.
PlanetMan kicked ass and took first in Superboat class. The owner/driver was very magnanomous and bought me drinks until I dropped.
A new guy on the cicuit, FireWater, an Apache (Aronow design) also kicked butt. They looked very good, look for them to be front runners from now on. "Thee Muscle" also took first place in their B-2 boat, "XXX Muscle is getting a refit and awaiting a ruling on acceptable motors.
I have forgotten the rest but it was great. Team Armada (the Batboat) came off a wave and broke all the bolts in the transom plate and promptly began to sink.
007 Racing Team to the rescue!
We had our newest member, Frank, jump off the Donzi and onto the Batboat to help bail it out with a hand pump. Made it back to the crane at least!
On Saturday I met a Speedvision producer who is considering doing a feature on 007. We'll see what happens.
On Sunday I met up with Reggie Fountain and asked him to sponsor 007 Racing Team and he said YES!
I was leary about his yes, but he did qualify it by telling me to come to NC to talk to him further about it! I'm freaked out!
Last but not least, my team left me in Deerfield after I refused to get into the truck and go home. Hey, I had contacts to make, you know?
Well before I knew it, I was abandoned. They took my boat, my clothes, and my wallet. I spent two days in Deerfield trying to get a ride back to Melbourne. I have been wearing the same clothes for three days now.
Should I fire them?
Thank goodness had my credit card, but without a license you can't rent a car. The train doesn't stop there, and neither does Greyhound!
I was mad for while, but I'm over it now.
Weenies.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 07-19-2000).]

Forrest
07-18-2000, 02:26 PM
Way to go, Gene! But Geno, I can't believe that the 007 crew deserted you. What possibly could they have going on elsewhere that was more important than what was going on there? And leave you with nothing? Not acceptable behavior!!! I think that you should list their names, their crimes, pictures, and their email address on a popular Internet web site (http://www.donzi.net) for public disciplinary action!!! If society deems fitting to the crime, that punishment could even include the dreaded "Spam for life" sentence.

I can't wait to see "TV" GeneD and 007!

Just don't let Reggie put a Fountain sticker on that Donzi.

------------------
Forrest

[This message has been edited by Forrest (edited 07-18-2000).]

Tony
07-18-2000, 04:54 PM
Gene...you are awesome, baby! You seem to have more stories than anyone, and all of them very entertaining reads. You're like the James Dean/Peter Fonda/Bruce Springsteen of the Donzi Registry. Keep up the good work...WOT and don't look back!

Tony
07-18-2000, 06:39 PM
I'd like to amend the above message with another (better?) anology: GeneD is like the Marlon Brando/Dennis Hopper of the Donzi Registry. O.K. you guys...who does GeneD remind YOU of???

Kenn
07-18-2000, 10:00 PM
GeneD
Have you considered that Reggie may need a driver and the fact that you sort of look like the man doesn't hurt.
I think I'd go and sit down with him and see where it leads.
If you need an agent or if he gives you a contract to sign, call me. You have the number and the addresses.
I think it's great and you should not miss any oppurtunity.
Kenn http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

Randy Hibbard
07-18-2000, 11:11 PM
Sinking batboat? now that is freaking wild. You guys on the other coast have all the fun. Hope you enjoyed your trip to California, Gene. We do`nt get many new Donzi celebrities out here ya know? Goodluck to you and the 007 racing team - mutiny on the 007? hard to belive. If it were my crew, 50 lashes would be in order...The only problem, is she would gladly accept!

------------------

Randy

GeneD
07-19-2000, 07:20 AM
Well, that is very flattering guys.
Let us just see what happens in the next couple of months.
I'm sure that since the season is in it's final stages that 007 Racing Team won't be making any racing debuts this year.
As far as the "Team" deserting me...I just don't know what to say about that at this time. There is one or two things that could get them out of trouble, let's see what they have to say. No one has called me at this time.
Speedvision...what can I say about that? Extremely mindblowing.
It just goes to prove my old feelings about the boat,
No matter where I go, the Donzi never fails to get complements and has gotten me places I never thought I could go. Not to mention the fantastic people that it has gotten me to meet.
I'll post more later, right now I am going to talk to my new driver/throttle man. We haven't figured out who is going to be doing what just yet. And frankly, I don't care. Just as long as I get into the cockpit.
And no, Reggie can not put a Fountain sticker on the Donzi, but then again...money has a way around most things however sacred.
And a special thanks to Gerry Santiago driver/owner of Zero Cavity who continues to shout the praises of the Classic Donzi Registry to everyone who will listen.
And Kenn, you may be correct. Ocean Spray is mysteriously missing and I fear that Bruce Penhall has fallen out of favor.
But in the end it doesn't matter.

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

GeneD
07-20-2000, 02:05 PM
Uh oh...some things are beginning to make some sense now guys!
As the Propeller Turns (http://ad.doubleclick.net/adi/speedvision.com/marine;ord=17416471980)

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 07-20-2000).]

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 07-20-2000).]

Frank Civitano
07-20-2000, 04:46 PM
Gene. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. We have been so busy up here with The radar shoot out Poker run and getting ready for the Pro/am its driving me Nuts!! I recieved my numbers yesterday L-22. But I dont know if were going to race? I am waiting for my bolsters to come in. I took 3rd place in the Poker run (Not the cards) My boat was running like a champ! GPS at 81mph that day. Good luck with what you want to do. What are you going to Race? John Coen (Superboat) May be a better connection then Reg. He is looking to sponser this Donzi movie. I will be seing him this weekend. He wants me to try the new superboat Y2k. My wife is racing with out me in the Pro/Am. She is part of the all girl team of Candie Kennedy A 38 Scarab, (Candies Delight) She was down in the Keys last year with it. My wife is on Throttles! What is SBI setting up something for boats under 24ft. See you soon will be down in Florida the end of August.

------------------
Frank Civitano