PDA

View Full Version : Snow!

harbormaster
12-27-2000, 09:12 AM
Well,
Here in North Texas, we had 12 inches of snow in 24 hours. I shoveled snow off a side walk for the first time in my life. Makes me glad that I live down on the Gulf Coast. What a mess!!! A new found respect for you fast eddie. Did you know that boatshoes suck in the snow and ice? I do.
Hope santa was good to everyone.
http://www.kemah.net/scot2.jpg

[This message has been edited by harbormaster (edited 12-27-2000).]

Looped
12-27-2000, 09:23 AM
Harbormaster,
It looks like everyone on your street was ready for it. They all have P/U's or SUV's.

Craig
12-27-2000, 01:46 PM
Harbormaster,
Must be NICE! I can shovel snow in my sleep! 24 degrees is a good thing when referring to "deadrise" BUT not when referring to the outside air temp. Actually 24 wouldn't be bad. It's been single digits here in MD a lot already this winter. B-B-Bummer! Oh Well! Nice for Christmas time.
Craig

502 Magnum
12-27-2000, 04:43 PM
Hi Harbormaster

It looks like you`r in the midle of a
Norwegian street,your sure it`s Texas?
Do you want my crosscontry skis?

Have a cooooool day

Bjørn

harbormaster
12-27-2000, 06:34 PM
Well Bjørn the final total is in and it does feel like Norway. We received 20.2 inches of snow in 24 hours. This morning I went with my brotherinlaw to feed the cattle. Since he has 400 head. We moved alot of bales of hay and busted 5 inches of ice in the watering holes. The 4 wheel drive trucks really helped. Ahhh the farm life.

Scot ;-)

[This message has been edited by harbormaster (edited 12-27-2000).]

boldts
12-27-2000, 10:16 PM
Scot,
I thought TX stayed fairly warm in the winter. We got a couple inches of snow with more on the way this weekend. If this keeps up, you southern folks will be migrating North for the winter. Go Figure! I'd also like to thank-you for your work on the Donzi.net T-Shirts. I received one for Xmas. Not quite the trailer or interior that some of the members received, but at least my wife was thinking along the right lines.

Scott Boldt

GEOO
12-28-2000, 05:31 AM
Scott, Glad to see you're enjoying Xmas!!!
Did you wear socks with the boat shoes? The North East may get a storm this weekend. Have a safe and Happy New Year!!!!!! http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif
GEOO

Blewbyu
12-28-2000, 03:08 PM
Up here in the Pac Northwest it's sorta balmy 52 degrees,not quite warm enuf to put the D in the waater tho.......
HAPPY HOLIDAYS YALL!
May you all prosper in 2001-and the Tech stocks go UP again (PLEASE)!

Tim Howland
12-28-2000, 06:41 PM
Some of us (older) and hearty New Englanders remember the blizzard of '78.
White caps on Winni be damned!

Len
12-28-2000, 08:14 PM
Scot. I just got back from 3 days of boarding on the mountains up here.
Blue skies, 25 degrees, sunburn and great beer. Don't you have any steep hills there to try this on? Any chairlifts or local resorts up high?

harbormaster
12-29-2000, 05:15 AM
As far as boarding or skiing, there are a no hills here except Palo Duro Canyon and I think that it would qualify as extreme skiing.
They call this here place the high plains.
The extent of my excitement will be taking down my motherinlaws Christmas lights.

Hope everyone is safe and warm.
Scot

green16
12-29-2000, 10:52 PM
Have a great New Year Scot. I was going to ask if those SUV's and trucks had 4wd or 2wd. I always wondered why they even offered them with 2wd. Regards Green16

roadtrip
12-29-2000, 11:36 PM
Scott,
About another five hours north of the high plains of Texas in New Mexico is a place called Taos. We are there a couple of times this winter. Not sure if boat shoes would work there either, but we hope to see your shoes at Cumberland in May. Thanks for your support of this board and happy new years to you and your family,
Todd Somerville

Forrest
12-30-2000, 09:52 AM
Hay, they are predicting snow, YES SNOW, in Tallahassee on Tuesday and it's going down to 17 tonight and its only 28 right now . . . how do you winterize a boat again?

------------------
Forrest

Varyak
12-30-2000, 11:07 AM
Forrest,
I'm over here in Jax. I'm "winterizing" my boat by taking it out on the St. Johns River this afternoon. PS MY boat shoes will work just fine today. Are you planning on going to the Kentucky Thing?
Happy New Year,
Mark

boldts
12-30-2000, 01:18 PM
For you FL folk,
It only takes one cold night to freeze the water passages in your engine and thus crack the block or a head. Most important is to get the water out of the engine including the exhaust. There should be a petcock valve on each side of the engine or some kind of brass end bolt that comes out of the water passage to allow the water out. The outdrive should also be stored in the lowered position to get all the water out of it. This little bit of work could save you a lot of rebuild time and dollars in the future.

Have a safe and Happy New Year to all from 20 degree Columbus, OH with snow for the past 2 days. 132 days until Lake Cumberland!

Scott Boldt http://www.donzi.net/ubb/smile.gif

Frank Civitano
12-30-2000, 01:26 PM
If you guys want to get through a night or two. Put a lamp with a 100watt light bulb in your engine compartment this is what we do when we get cold nights in April keeps the compartment above 40 degrees.

------------------
Frank Civitano

RickR
12-30-2000, 02:08 PM
All you FLA guys, don't forget to put your drive down so it can drain.:EEK:

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

Stromer
12-30-2000, 04:40 PM
AHH! I don't miss the cold & snow! Now living in Sarasota, FL, it pisses me off to have to put on a jacket! It has been cold down here - 58 degree high today!!! This cold stinks - I hope it is gone tomorrow so I can put the 1972 18 2+3 in and run!
Thanks to the northern brothers for reminding me about the great northern practice I use to perform - draining the block!!! I know I moved for a reason!
There is a risk of a freeze tonight, but the boat is in the garage, next to the furnace - do ya think I need the 100w bulb???
All you chili brothers - stay warm - hot soup and a loved one works well from what I remember.

Stromer

Frank Civitano
12-30-2000, 05:00 PM
How is this one? Scot I feel for you (I hate Snow!) We just got slammed 18" of the cold white stuff, Wind blowing over 40mph I feel were in the middle of the Artic Circle 17 degrees out. I need warmth, My boat looks like a giant snow drift. Hey Geo the storm is coming your way. NJ weather?

------------------
Frank Civitano

GEOO
12-30-2000, 06:56 PM
Frank, Thanks for the warning. We received 10-12" of snow today. To bad the Donzi wasn't together, had to go out in the Sea Craft "ICE CRUSHER" again. Took the boat out for a cruise midday in 40 mph winds, ended up stopping for some soup and a Meyers & Coke at a Local watering hole called "THE BLACK DUCK".
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1265596&a=10682038&p=36620127&Sequence=0

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=1265596&a=10682038&p=36620126 GEOO

[This message has been edited by GEOO (edited 01-01-2001).]

BigGrizzly
12-30-2000, 10:17 PM
Geoo I though I was a boater, but next to you I'm a amature. Stay warm and best of luck in the new year. Keep that expecting wife warm and healthy.

Randy

boldts
12-30-2000, 10:27 PM
Geoo,
I guess we don't have to worry about whether Lake Cumberland has ice on it in May. I got to tell you, you are extreme!!!
Take care and have a Happy New Year.

Scott Boldt

Gearhead99
12-31-2000, 06:55 AM
GEOO,

You're a better man then I "Gunga Dinn" !!!

Those pics remind me of why I moved to FL. I was an extreme boater with my Donzi out in cold weather, but not a snow storm.

Are you sure you only had one Meyers and Coke?? I think you had a few BEFORE you left too !!!

It's 28 right now in Orlando, FL. That is cold for us. No snow though. Thank God !!

Happy New Year !!!! Have a drink for me.

[This message has been edited by Gearhead99 (edited 12-31-2000).]

GEOO
12-31-2000, 02:00 PM
Scot, You picked up on the bigger block V6. It's my Brother-in-laws boat. The dealer delivered the boat with the wrong engine, a 200. They said use it for the season and they'll change it out the following winter. What a deal. The 225 picked up 2mph. GEOO

RedDog
01-03-2001, 12:36 PM
Geoo - awesome pictures. Looks like a great time was had.