PDA

View Full Version : 28 donzi

jag6687
12-25-2000, 08:58 PM
why are there few if any 1967-70 donzi 28 sportsmans listed on the registry? are these not desirebale? why is everyone seem to be intrested in the small donzis. I am looking for some pictures or anything related to these boats. I think these are the best looking of all the donzis. any comments?

GEOO
12-26-2000, 07:03 AM
The 28 Donzi is a great looking boat with a nice size cabin. Larger boats are harder to restore. I don't think I would be able to remove the deck at home?? I'm not sure how many where made? I believe a lot less then the smaller classics. GEOO

502 Magnum
12-27-2000, 04:54 PM
Hi Jag

I`v got the same experience,I`m looking for
Z33 Crossbow people,but hard to find.
Good luck.

Bjørn

BigGrizzly
12-27-2000, 06:52 PM
Hey guys face it. The guy with the 28 back then either has a larger boat or no boat. When I lived in Jersey a 31 Bert sports fish was cheaper than a Donzi 28 dragon. The 18 clasic was the weekenders delight. it had it all, speed, ride, girls, and was portable.
My 16 was one of the fastest boats then with the exception of my Jersey skiff. The crossbow was a great boat to drive. My son almost bough one this summer. Funny a 22ZX with a trailer got in the way. Some times I dream of driving one again. If I didn't have a house on the lake I would own one.

[This message has been edited by BigGrizzly (edited 12-27-2000).]

olredalert
01-13-2001, 06:51 AM
Jag,...just going thru old posts while I was out of touch,and saw your line on 28 DONZIs.Was told many years ago when first hanging around the plant(70-71)by Roy Farmer that Ed McMacmahon(worlds no.1 sidekick)had a 28 on Long Island.Always thought it would be bitchin to track that particular boat down for two reasons.1,it would be cool to have a celebrity owned DONZI.2,28s are just as nice as you are imagining.Ive always lusted for one and if it ever happened the wife would kiss me(she likes em big time).I suppose its all that room!.............just.....Ol Red!