PDA

View Full Version : hella LED courtesy lights

glen ersly
03-31-2002, 10:49 AM
New to the site - where have I been? Just redid mt courtest lights with new Hella LED round coutesy light for the boat (2000 30 ZF). Excellent change:
advantages:
1. completely sealed - no water intrusion - epoxy
2. low current draw
3. fit exactly where 2" round light are now
4. bathe the whold deck in red light to match guages
you can get them at west or boat us

nuck'in futs
03-31-2002, 06:26 PM
Glen, Just put the same lights in my 28 a week ago. I thought they would match the gauges well also. They ought to look great at night!

Blewbyu
04-01-2002, 09:45 PM
Glen-Do you have a pic you could post by any chance?Is that'West Marine'?I'd like to find some for my car.
Thanks-Jeff

nuck'in futs
04-02-2002, 11:11 AM
blewbyu, I bought mine from West Marine and I do remember they are also in their catalogue. I think they were $25ea. It surprised me they were that high compared to the other lights.

Blewbyu
04-02-2002, 08:07 PM
Thanks Nuck'n-I be headin' out to the local West Marine right now!Great tip!!!!
Welcome!
Best Regards-Jeff :D

MOP
04-02-2002, 10:44 PM
Ok I went looking for those lights, where the heck did you get them.

Phil /Long Island

McGary911
04-03-2002, 12:18 PM
Phil,
if youre an order-over-the-internet type of guy, you can get them from west's website. heres a link.

LED courtesey light (http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=201&prrfnbr=65009&store_num=&store_name=&subdept_num=&subdept_name=&class_num=&class_name=&outlet=)

They also have round ones that look pretty cool. They come with white and black bezels to suit your needs.

Rou nd ones (http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?prmenbr=201&prrfnbr=65006&store_num=&store_name=&subdept_num=&subdept_name=&class_num=&class_name=&outlet=)

These links send you to the page for amber lights, but if you do a search for HELLA LED, under lighting, youll see they also are avail in white or red. I may try out a couple on my boat.

Good luck