PDA

View Full Version : Restoration of The Mean Green Hornet

green16
12-22-2000, 10:29 PM
Well its started. Can't say I 'm going to be doing the work but I'll keep you guys updated. Delivered her last Sunday to the shop and spoke to them this week. They have started to take her apart and said she lookes real clean underneath. We are going to replace the fuel filler and screen because of dry rot. The fuel tank looks good and the foam aroud it is dry and looks good. He says is going to be taking lots of pictures. I hope he does. The place is about 70 minutes away on good roads so I may not get there more than once a month. When I go I will bring my digital camera and then get help on how to down load the images to here. By the way, I don't think this is a "hornet" model. This is the name she had when we bought her and we aren't going to change it. More to come as it develops.

RickR
12-23-2000, 08:11 AM
green
Is she in the Registry?
What model do you have?

------------------
RICKR
mailto:riggerb@aol.comriggerb@aol.com</A>

green16
12-29-2000, 11:04 PM
Rick, Yes Registered C16-513.

I have to admit I'm not sure of the model. I was told it was a Sweet16. I've never really seen that as a model on this site. I'm guessing it is a ski sporter. I've got a digital camera and am going to get pictures during the restoration. I only have old pictures of her before restoration was started but I don't have a scanner. It seems from reading previous posts that Scot is very busy so I don't know if I should send him some old pictures for him to scan in. Any thoughts?

green16
12-30-2000, 09:48 PM
Thank you Scott. PLease email me your address or post it here and I will send some to you. texjk@aol.com