PDA

View Full Version : gel coat/paint code question

JP BRESCIA
06-14-2002, 02:43 PM
I am stumped on this one. I a preparing the sides of the 18 to be sprayed with paint(poly resin from GCP). I was able to bring the deck back to life by wet sanding/polishing and figured I would not respray it. The sides did not come up as well with the sanding/polishing effort. Especially around the water line. I contacted GCP to order the materials and ask if they had the paint codes. GCP had some Donzi codes dating to 1988 and newer but not for my 1980. I have an 1980 18'that is Dove Grey with a Burgundy stripe and sides. GCP's solution was for me to core a hole the size of a quarter out of the hull and send it to them to be matched :confused: I repeated that this is not repair work and I am not looking to match what I have. I am looking to match the deck stripe with new paint on the sides.
They also said paint codes mean nothing to them so even if I found the correct code they may not get it right. The only solution I can come up with is to respray the deck stripe and the sides with the same color and hope I like it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.....
JP