PDA

View Full Version : OT - Vacation Help?

CnV & Family
06-14-2002, 07:01 AM
Yes! We are definitely going to be able to make Sarasota/Siesta Key Area for vacation! ...only we don't know when. :rolleyes:

I know this is not the travel board or anything, but... :D

I've found a few private homes on Vacation Rentals by Owner (http://www.vrbo.com/) (Thanks to Mr. Tuvell and others posts!). I've exausted several other vacation rental sites as well. I think my problem is being too picky while on a budget! :rolleyes:

Would anyone happen to have any references? Any words of wisdom? Barganing tactics?

Once I get the place nailed down (dates are still flexible) then I'll give Donzi a call to set up tour times!!! :D :D :D

CrackerJack
06-14-2002, 03:22 PM
There is a place we just came back from on Longboat Key. This is a Island off Sarasota.
The place we stay has one and two bedroom units
with car ports. The carport is able to fit a Donzi and one vehicle. It is right on the Gulf and the ramps are at either end of the Island.
We have been staying there for eight years now.
No pool, bar or restaurant on premise. The name
is SunNSea their number is 941-383-5588. If you
want any pic's I have some. Jack.

CnV & Family
06-17-2002, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the info Jack.

We were put on hold with our vacation planning due to doctors orders. However, we were able to lock in a place through the in-laws contacts for the end of july. Hopefully the doc will let us go. Going to be on Siesta Key somewhere...

Man, hope we can still work out a plant tour...

I'll keep your place in mind though... Love the Boat idea... but not sure a novice boater needs to be taking a 16 into the ICW / Bay though. I need a little more seat time to feel comfortable enough to do something like that. Thanks again!

-C