PDA

View Full Version : 2 SBC Questions...

Rootsy
03-29-2002, 06:26 PM
wellll it has come time to put the little lady back together!!!! have two questions i am unsure about.

1) felpro only lists one head gasket for the sbc that has a stainless core and spec'd for marine use... the 1014, cept it is listed for a 400 and has a 4.200 bore.. .039 thickness... there is the 17030 for marine use that i found but i can find zero specs on it as far as bore, thickness, etc etc etc... anyone have these specs?

2) my motor has the polymer timing chain cover that is supposed to be replaced after removal since the crank seal is not replacable. at 50 bucks to replace it i wonder if the stamped steel style will fit with a gasket set? the polymer uses 8 bolts but the regular uses 10... i have to get the cover off and see if the other two exist and are tapped... anyone have any experience in this area... i just so happen to have a stamped steel one... and a gasket set... lucky me... can't seem to find a GM parts dept with the other one IN STOCK... figures...

well i think that bout wraps up my saga... rest of the valvetrain is ready to go... just need to wrap these loose ends up before i am ready to put her back together in a week or so... thanks guys.... and gals...

Jamie