PDA

View Full Version : Night mares......

Moody Blu'
03-29-2002, 01:46 AM
Anyone ever have a night mare of something terrible happening to there boat?

I have this reoccuring nightmare of me getting in my boat in my lagoon and next thing I know its sinking.

I must have had this dream like 5 times already.

Help! :confused:

HP 600SC
03-29-2002, 06:17 AM
I actually had one about our little outboard boat
at our river house. I dreamed that the enging fell
off while under way ( a 100hp johnson)
AND the very next day my friend was running the boat with us all in it, hit a stump 1ft under the water and sheared the motor clean off! Just hanging there by the steering cable! had to grab it still running and pull it into the splash well.
It was horrible! I swear it is all a true story.
Weird huh?

mattyboy
03-29-2002, 07:18 AM
moody,
good to hear from you,
I'm no shrink, but it sounds like your subconscience telling you DON"T FORGET THE PLUG!!!

Ted ,
eek! you grabbed it while it was running!! must have been scary!!

I only have dreams about not be able to use the boat :(

Matt

Moody Blu'
03-29-2002, 01:02 PM
ted, WOW thats crazy.

matty,ya it must have something to do with my subconscious.
Heh, last night I had a dream I was hanging out with puff daddy or uhh pdiddy :p :D

Secret F233
03-29-2002, 02:18 PM
This subject really hits home for me. As a boy like 10 or 11 my little sister & I were jumping off the top of the houseboat (RiverQueen) & she fell before she got to the edge well she slid of the top & hit her head on the Steel Railing on the way down!! I immediately looked over the edge to see her bleeding head sinking slowly out of Site!!! I dove off the boat & went down to grab her my father helped me pull her back to the boat & get her on board. She was & is alright but that was a long 15-20 min or so ride back to the marina particularly in a 43' houseboat (the only time I remember my father plaining it out).. But yes I still have dreams & day dreams of her & others slipping away into the bloody darkness Due to props, railing, cleats & most of all Drunks!!!

The moral of the story Be Careful Guys (Wach'em All) It doesn't have to be sharp to cut & don't think that ANYONE is near as careful or aware (or even care's for that mater) of the potential dangers of recreational boating as you are!!!!! So many times I see a husband or father forcing there unstable & usually unwilling loved one's up on the deck with a rope eek! & yelling don't let it hit :mad: !! As they Macho there boat into the slip not ever realizing each time he wail's on the gas his Wife almost falls of the front & gets smashed in-between the dock & the boat..... :mad: Idiots :rolleyes: !! sorry I just hate that it shows no class, Integrity or seamanship skills at all & there out there everywhere. Now I'm not saying I'm perfect hell I've been there to... but still A unscared boat is a hell of a price to pay for a son or wife with a broken leg!!!

WOW did I just say all that Sorry its been a long winter have a happy & safe Easter weekend & boating season for that mater! :)

DonziDave
03-29-2002, 02:36 PM
I have a re-occuring dream that I am driving my 18 Classic on the highway. In the dream, it all seems perfectly normal - go visit friends, go shopping, drive to work, etc. However, from time to time I look back and think to myself - "Man, this has got to be really hard on the prop!"
Dave

As our friend from Vienna once said - "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

Moody Blu'
03-29-2002, 02:37 PM
The moral of the story Be Careful Guys (Wach'em All) It doesn't have to be sharp to cut & don't think that ANYONE is near as careful or aware (or even care's for that mater) of the potential dangers of recreational boating as you are!!!!! So many times I see a husband or father forcing there unstable & usually unwilling loved one's up on the deck with a rope & yelling don't let it hit !! As they Macho there boat into the slip not ever realizing each time he wail's on the gas his Wife almost falls of the front & gets smashed in-between the dock & the boat..... Idiots !! sorry I just hate that it shows no class, Integrity or seamanship skills at all & there out there everywhere. Now I'm not saying I'm perfect hell I've been there to... but still A unscared boat is a hell of a price to pay for a son or wife with a broken leg!!!Ahahahaha that was funny.

usually everyone on my boat is eager to help me dock it(I would want to help dock a sweet boat too). BUT

WHen I dock my boat I usually tell everyone to stay seated and NOT TO MOVE! I dock my boat by myself I do it perfect every time.

I think you need to know what your doing to park a boat.
Gas is a bad thing while docking a boat.

To many ameatuers at a bar (the dutchmans) is a BAD THING!

I saw this one guy notice he was gonna hit my boat so he gassed it, he didnt hit my boat but he hit someone elses in the process.

I felt lucky he didnt hit me, but sort of felt bad since the other guy was pissed that his boat got hit and not mine.(I guess that happens when you have a classic! wink )

I have had nightmares of pulling up to the dock at dutchmans and somehow I hit the throttle hard and jump up on the dock!CRAZY!

HP 600SC
03-29-2002, 03:53 PM
Dave, I have had that same dream as well!!!
Including the part about the prop.......
It runs fine as long as I dont slow down off of a plane.........Too weird!!!

Crazy Horse
03-29-2002, 08:46 PM
My reoccurring dream stars me and Julia (Roberts).

Hey Moody Blu-Where've you been? Haven't seen you on the site for the longest time.

Moody Blu'
03-29-2002, 10:13 PM
figures you would have some hot girl in your dream crazy horse wink

Where have I been?

I ride quads all fall,winter and spring.When summer time comes I pack it up and unleash the boat. Normally everyone races and rides quad all summer. I'd rather be boatin! Its to sweaty in the summer for me to ride.

So I have come back to get my juices flowing again.

all fall and winter I spent riding/working-out on my trx250r quad. I got a race atv forum going which is devoted to the best quad ever built for racing and cross country. So In those months I have not much to say about my boat since its in hiberntaion.I do visit the forum, but I dont have much to say :(
I keep thinking of spring time, because me and bzmarine are going to test props on my boat.
were gonna throw a 24p on it and see what shell do!

I just need to freshen up my drive and rebuild my headers. wink

Crazy Horse
03-30-2002, 09:20 AM
Why don't you come down to AOTH II in Kentucky? Many of us Donzi nutz will be there.

Jamesbon
03-30-2002, 12:02 PM
Too funny DonziDave & Ted, I have the same exact dream and thoughts about the prop too. What's up with that??!!

ToonaFish
03-30-2002, 02:01 PM
Yikes, Secret, does that bring up a nightmare I've had for the last twenty years. A much sweeter, younger, harder bodied Toona went for a moonlight ride on a spanking new Stamas cruiser... mooring at the Sponge Docks in Tarpon Springs, the overly boatsoda'd captain gunned the engine when an overly boatsoda'd passenger fell over the transom into the murky water. I'll never be able to forget the sound of a human body running through twin props. Ronco said it best... they slice, they dice. Shudder.

My other reoccuring dream is the boat floating away, just out of reach. Keep swimming and it keeps drifting. Freud would say just buy a Damned Donzi and stop dreaming about it!

Bunches,

Celene 'hey, watch this' Howard

ToonaFish
03-30-2002, 02:33 PM
Then there's that dream about AOTH II... but I think that's illegal in Kentucky unless it involves your first cousin...

marcdups
03-30-2002, 07:32 PM
Toona, can I be your first cousin :D eek! :D eek! :D

marcdups
03-30-2002, 07:35 PM
Or you could be mine :D eek! :D eek!

Bet you are thinking :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

marcdups
03-30-2002, 07:37 PM
Just joking, happy Easter !! wink

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-30-2002, 09:47 PM
Dock a boat
Park a car...

cousins are illegal! Crap!

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL....
Just filled the baskets! I hope that damn rabbit don't walk in my grass!
Bryan

Formula Jr
03-30-2002, 10:14 PM
This was my first introduction, to the fact that human experience, is an interesting thing.

10 year olds, playing around on a hot Maryland afternoon. I jumped off a diveboard directly infront of a fast moving, on-plane, on-coming boat.

Hey. I was 10.

I hit the water and went down. My eyes were closed. As I swished up, I hit my head and opened my eyes. I saw a Prop with full cavitation, in a beautiful spiral pattern heading directly for my head. But everything was in slow motion. I pushed hard on the bottom of the boat, My hands slid on the bottom of the hull. And the high whine of the prop passed about an inch from my face. But, time was slowed. I got back up to the surface and watched as this boat was receeding at still full plane and full speed and then time was reset. I don't know to this day, how this happened. But every year since, its right there in a sweaty nightmare.

I still don't know how this happened. But it did.
And I have no explaination.

Moody Blu'
03-30-2002, 11:46 PM
formula, I think its called hyperconcentration.
or something like that.
you got ADD(attention deficit disorder) by any chance??
I have it and I have had that sort of thing happen to me,(everything slows down)

sort of like matrix......

DonziDave
03-31-2002, 02:40 PM
I'ts interesting that others have had the same dream as me about driving their boat on the highway. Here's a photo of a guy who can boat on the streets without tearing up his prop. Skiing is probably still difficult! I want one for winter boating!
Dave

http://www.donzi.net/photos/dhollifield41.jpg

Moody Blu'
04-01-2002, 12:09 PM
bryan said:
Dock a boat
Park a car...I slipped up sorry wink

time to get ready for spring:)

boy do I need a trailer