PDA

View Full Version : '24 Spirit?

McGary911
03-28-2002, 04:24 PM
I've been reading this board for about 3 years, and haven't heard much about the '24 spirit.
Even using the search feature didn't turn up much. Not on the all Donzi list either. Reason
for asking, is because this boat is for sale near me (well, in the same state, and NJ isn't all
that big), and I was hoping to take a look at it sometime soon. Is this a Spirit? Spirit must
be a pretty rare boat. From what I've read, they have a big windshield, but this one doesn't.
What do we know about this one? If I do check it out, I'd sure like to go in armed with some
info.........

http://www.donzi.net/photos/jmcgary9.jpg

Thanks for the help.....

olredalert
03-28-2002, 05:30 PM
McGary,

------Id like to tell you that your picture is a DONZI,but I dont think so.I may be wrong but it sure does look like an Excaliber hull or a derivitive thereof.
------Others on the board may be able to get closer on it but thats what I think it is anyway!...........just.........ol red!

Ross
03-28-2002, 05:58 PM
mcgary911, check out the Model List, there is a picture of a 24' Spirit there. Ross

Formula Jr
03-28-2002, 10:21 PM
Ol'Red, I think you're correct, Excaliber. In any case, not a donzi.

Spirit.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/osaffell621.jpg

McGary911
03-29-2002, 10:24 AM
I was pretty sure this thing wasnt a Donzi, now I'm very sure. thanks. Guess the quest for my Donzi continues. Formula JR, after double checking the all Donzi list, I noticed that there are 2 entries for the Spirit, and i stopped at the first one with no link. gotta admit tho, your pic made it easier for us lazy people to see it.

Formula Jr
03-29-2002, 07:05 PM
The other listing is for a "Sprit." This is the center console
fishing model of the 24's. Never seen a pic
of one, so I'm still looking for a photo.

olredalert
03-30-2002, 09:41 AM
Formula JR.,

------You have something backward here.The Spirit is the pictured boat.The El Pescador is this hulls center console model,and you have the original adds from that.Shortly,Ill be able to send you some pictures of my freshly restored El Pescador,if you need em..........just........ol red!

olredalert
03-30-2002, 09:59 AM
Formula JR.

------In rereading your post I see that you are actually saying Sprit.Dont know if this is a missprint or for real.If for real,I have to say that I have never heard of this model in all the years Ive been messing with DONZIs.Im not too old to learn(Ihope)so what is it?

Formula Jr
03-30-2002, 05:04 PM
Ol'Red. When I was out collecting model names for the List. Sprit showed up a couple times and was in the "OLD" NADA listings - these listing were very incomplete and several of the boats were misspelled. Sprit might have been one of these errors. They currently list your boat as just the "Fisherman 24." They also list a Criterion 20.
The only way we will ever be sure the List is acurate is after we have a complete set of sales listing for all years from Donzi. I'll probably drop the Sprit name in a future update if absolutelty no one has ever heard of one. Chasing ghosts is half the fun!