PDA

View Full Version : Another exhaust ??

Greg K
06-12-2002, 07:54 PM
I'm considering installing angle cut tips instead of straight cut for thru hull conversion and the newer internal flaps appear to be much better then in years past from what I see.
Are the additional external flaps necessary on the exhaust tips? I know that external is not an option on the angle cuts, but still may consider the stock straight with flaps.
Again, this is on a 16.
Thanks

G - FORCE 88
06-12-2002, 08:26 PM
I would stick to what is good. Just giving my 2 cents. I have straight cut :D with falps on my 22 and they work great keep the water out when not running. I would keep to what is good and commonly used. just a thought.>>>jon

marcdups
06-12-2002, 08:55 PM
Greg, I have just finished installation of a thru hull exhaust for my sixteen, used Corsa captains call and tips I purchased from Rigger R, thanks Rigger they worked great although I had to cut another inch off to have clearance, with the corsa installation was relatively easy, no internal flappers but still have the shut off for more protection and I did put external flappers on it for added security, for a 4.3 it ROCKS and I believe that it has to do with all the stainless exhaust versus hose, and the stealth mode is the same as running with thru prop system, drilling 4 inch holes in the transom though is quite nerve racking,ie: DID I MEASURE IT CORRECTLY ????? AND ON AND ON AND ON, I love it though, speed wise there seems to be some improvement but I have not had a chance to run a gps run with it closed and open yet, but will advise when the time comes!!

Towel Boy, Is that a good sudo these days?? eek! eek!

Bad-Tat
06-12-2002, 09:06 PM
Oh Oh now Towel Boy is going for the loud look as well!!! Marc you might have to get more watts in that stereo with the tru hulls!!!

Forrest
06-13-2002, 08:25 AM
Is the Towell Boy coming to Eufaula this year?

marcdups
06-13-2002, 08:27 PM
Well Guys and Gulls, spent hours chsanging the heads to vortec and adding the exhaust, I think it sounds great and do enjoy the choice of conversing or waking up the lake, I have had nothing but compliments on how it sounds although at some minute rpm,s it does sound like a milk truck :D :D :D , but I luv it, although no cam YET eek! or Nitrous ( I'll have to querry Geoo on that), the plans for Eufala are in order and certainly hope that I will actually make it, A new job opportunity may be on the horizon and i am keeping my fingers crossed, although it is for a blow boat company, it will put me closer to you sea dogs and hopefully be able to join those outings more often in warm country!!!

greg I got your e mail a minute ago and what a sweet boat, with a 5.0 it should sound like the pocket rocket she is, unless you are Ted, I would say "HE" is :D :D :D

marcdups
06-13-2002, 08:34 PM
Forrest, doing my utmost best!!

Fish dipper, bout screwed the holes, slightly lower than normal per factory, but in the equation was late at night and boat soda, but I do like it and it sounds like WWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAA HHHHHHHHHH!!! :D :D

Love you guys, Keep well :rolleyes: :D eek! :rolleyes: :D

Greg, like Nike says, JUST DO IT!!! :p

Jamesbon
06-13-2002, 09:27 PM
Stainless Marine makes straight or angle cut tips with internal stainless "betterfly" flappers. I didn't use the rubber flappers in conjunction with their tips, and they worked flawlessly.

My 4 inchers may be up for sale in a couple months, as I will most likely run 4.5" or 5" dry CMI headers.

Greg K
06-13-2002, 10:11 PM
Thanks again..am going ahead with it and will take some before and after pics and tell you all how it goes...
Now..if I could get some access to some Donzi Girls..??

harbormaster
06-14-2002, 06:20 AM
Greg, You are in!