PDA

View Full Version : Test Ride At Lake George.....Please ?

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
06-12-2002, 07:06 PM
Hi all,

I'm planning on attending the show portion of the Spring Dustoff at Lake George on Saturday. If at all possible I would like to bum a short ride in both an 18' Classic and a 22' Classic after the show.
I'm right now looking into a couple possibilities for the immediate purchase of a vintage 18' project boat. If, however, I really fall in love with the 22', I may pass on the restoration project altogether and "save my pennies and save my dimes" for a 22' Classic a couple years down the road. I'd really love to get a ride in both models to help solidify my decision.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. See you at the Algonquin!

Thanks,
Eric :)

RedDog
06-12-2002, 07:28 PM
Flatracer - What a dilemma. I love the ride of my 18, but at AOTH II I had a gracious Scot Boldt give me a ride in his 22. Riding in it was as smooth and cool as they look. While I somewhat lust after a 22, I am sure glad I have the 18 now. If it means a year or 2 or more for a 22, I’d recommend buying the 18 now. You will love either one.

GEOO
06-12-2002, 07:37 PM
Eric,

I'll bring you for a ride. GEOO :)

Dr. Dan
06-12-2002, 08:22 PM
Flat, If you take GEO up on his offer, I'd bring an extra pair of Hanes!!!! :D ...Doc

06-12-2002, 10:06 PM
Thanks GEOO, I sure appreciate it. And in return, I'll call you when the 427's back in the Bezer. I'm sure YOU won't need a change of underwear, but you'll be looking for a way to convince the missus that you just have to have a Flat. Life begins at 100, you know. wink

Scott Pearson
06-13-2002, 05:45 AM
George,
Thats not a ride, Thats a launch.

(NJ)Scott

06-13-2002, 01:37 PM
Hey Scott,

I'm pretty sure you'll be there. Your boat won't be hard to spot. I'm looking foward to meeting some of the Registry guys I've been reading about all winter. Looped, will you be there as well?

Eric

Looped
06-13-2002, 10:18 PM
Eric,

I had all intensions of going a couple of months ago but I just had (well my Wife Melissa did) my second Daughter (Hailey) pop into this bizarre world yesterday at 1:15pm. I have been doing the Mr. Mom thing with my 2 ½ year old Daughter (Paige) and I will be until Saturday or Sunday when I get a little backup when my Wife and new Daughter come home.

Have a great time up there; I wish that I could have made it!
Craig

GEOO
06-14-2002, 05:30 AM
Scott,
Don't forget your London Fog. GEOO

06-14-2002, 02:21 PM
Congratulations Craig!

My wife is due in December with our first.
I watched the sonogram at our last visit to the OB/GYN. The little peanut was waving to me! I'm not sure, but I think he(?) was giving me the universal waterskiing sign language signal for "Faster"!
I have two friends who are also over 40 and having their first. We agreed that when the poop is flyin' and the crying won't stop, we'll get together to go out and get hammered. wink

Eric

06-14-2002, 03:13 PM
Just checked the forecast. Looks dismal. :( Screw it, I'm going anyway. I just gotta get out of town this weekend, and I can't think of a better reason than to ogle some cool boats, no matter how many show up. I'll be there, rain, snow, whatever.

Eric :p :p :p

ToonaFish
06-15-2002, 11:34 PM
Life begins at 100... So, Flatracer, how was your first ride at Donzi mach 104.3? :D :rolleyes: :D

GEOO
06-16-2002, 06:17 PM
Eric, Did you go?? I don't think I meet you? I was busy with the family too. GEOO

06-17-2002, 03:18 PM
George,

Congratulations, and welcome to the 100 mph club! You're the first I've heard of to do it in a Donzi, though. Cool, very cool.
Yes, I was there on Saturday. Arrived around 12:30. Rain, rain, rain!!! :mad:
Dad and I wandered around the docks for awhile before we headed inside for some lunch downstairs. I poked my head upstairs for a second to say hello, but everyone's attention was glued to the guy by the window talking about props. I didn't want to interrupt, so I tipped out. Besides, nobody was going out for any unneccessary rides in that weather. :(
Thanks again, though, for the invitation. It evidently would,ve been a cool ride.
Hey, you should bring the Donzi down to the local Drags in Trenton. You'd really turn some heads; talk about a sleeper! :D

Thanks Again,
Eric :)