PDA

View Full Version : DONZI answers my questions

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-12-2002, 02:11 PM
As you all know we were considering moving to another new Donzi, mainly because of a few issues we were having with the new 26ZX (same issue on my 22ZX), so prior to doing the deal on 4 June I wrote some of the top folks at AMH.
I received a call today from Nick Miller regarding my questions and concerns, he explained to me some new ways that certain parts are manufactured and how my situation would be handled and by who at the factory, him being one in the loop from start to finish, and what my obligation would be (delivering/picking up my boat), and how my repairs done at the factory are handled etc.. So I will keep my boat, get it repaired.
I would like to say that Donzi continues to stand behind their product.
So I will be returning my boat to Donzi in September, everything will be in writing including a timeline.

This info should also make other owners (especially ones with with warranties) feel good knowing Donzi is a stand up company that walks the talk..
Thanks to all involved.
Bryan

Forrest
06-12-2002, 02:27 PM
Great Bryan! Now you have no excuse not to bring yourself, your family, and of course your 26ZX, on your way down to Sarasota and stop at George T. Bagby State Park and Lodge in Southwest Georgia, August 30 to September 2, for some Donzi good fun at the Fourth Annual Lake Eufaula Labor Day Weekend Donzi Roundup (http://www.donzi.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=000091)!

Digger
06-12-2002, 02:41 PM
thats good to know. thx for the post Bryan-

Ranman
06-12-2002, 03:18 PM
Bryan, This post really should be on OSO too. Everyone on Donzi.net knows the Donzi stands behind our boats. We all know the kind of guys Nick and Mike are, but it's the rest of the world that needs to know about Donzi's commitment to it's customers (family). Especially with some of the negative crap that's been posted over there. Almost all of Donzi.net will be repeat customers, but OSO has potential new customers for Donzi.

For a while, I dreamed of moving up to a Fountain. I still think they're great boats, but everything I hear about their CS has turned me off of the Fountains. I wouldn't want to deal with that sort of service. Donzi all the way for me. Randy.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-12-2002, 03:28 PM
FORREST, I will mark my calender.. trust me I may be there, you know me!!!

RANMAN, yeah I know... I don't post to often on OSO. I can tell you when you get a call from the VP at Donzi it sure does set your mind at ease. Not that no one else couldn't have answered the questions but just to be safe I went up the chain of command a bit. Tony, Jim, Steve, and everyone else at the Factory does a great job. They have always taken GREAT care of us, I have just always been scared of taking it back to the factory and getting the run around, and a factory return is where I am at for these repairs. But I am no longer sweating it. I am already planning the trip!
Bryan

Jake
06-12-2002, 03:55 PM
Bryan,
What type of issues to you have with you 26ZX. Are they common the this model?

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-12-2002, 03:59 PM
They are not common to any particular line of ZX's, it has to due with the fairing, how it is bonded to the deck/material. A few have had problems most have not.
Bryan

Extreme Measures
06-12-2002, 04:40 PM
Great news Bryan,now you can do some boatin until September. Have fun
Your friends in boating
:cool: Extreme Measures :cool:

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-12-2002, 05:05 PM
I do plenty of boating, my new baby is up to 84 hours! Spent two days this week detailing her..
Bryan

PS HEY ROADTRIP, you didn't return my call!
REMOTE SHOT night before last!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-13-2002, 10:14 PM
Hey ROADTRIP, great call...
Gotta love that 1800... Have fun in Fla.
See ya in Sept.
Bryan

boldts
06-13-2002, 10:32 PM
Bryan,
I'd be interested in going to the factory with you when you take the ZX in for repairs. I've never been to the Donzi factory. That is if you need a traveling partner.

BTW, I'd like to get in on this remote shot thing you and Roadtrip got going on. Can it be a shot of anything or do you all have a special brand your using. Tell me how to become a member of the shot club! :D

NeedSpeed
06-14-2002, 12:15 AM
Bryan,

Did you have issues with the gelcoat around windscreen?

Donzigo
06-14-2002, 12:44 AM
So, when are you guys coming to Sarasota?

Richard

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-14-2002, 05:46 AM
Scott B, of course you would be welcome, not sure if we will make this a family event or not, combine the trip with a family get away etc.

NEEDSPEEED, not around the fairing, on the fairing.

DONZIGO, depending on our season sometime in Sept most likely.
Bryan

roadtrip se
06-14-2002, 02:08 PM
Scott B,

Okay when I get home tonight I will check
out the conference calling fuctions on my
business line so we can patch together a remote
shot from Va to TX to OH sometime this
weekend.

The tradition started with friends with places at Cumberland. If you can't make this weekend's trip, it is tradition to dial you up from the lake
and enjoy a remote shot of tequila!

While at the AOTH2, Bryan picked up our room phone and first thing he heard was, REMOTE SHOT!
We heard it, asked his preference, and poured the vodka! Start of a new tradition.

Remember, you pick up the phone, you hear the words, you pour the shot, and you drink the shot!
It is the code or suffer the ridicule. Caller ID does not get you out either. We will just call again.

Elixer, of course, is your choice.

We will be calling....

Roadtrip

Digger
06-14-2002, 02:29 PM
cool...now I've got an additional excuse for my irish whisky habit...call anytime :D

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-14-2002, 03:00 PM
Irish Whiskey? I never tried that, sounds good...
We just got in form a SUPERB day on the boat, cut short by a phone call of storm warning and a front pushing through... :(

Saw a 38ZX today, man that is one big a$$ boat!

ROADTRIP, we are heading out for a big party tonight, I am REMOTE capable after midnight!
Bryan

boldts
06-14-2002, 03:08 PM
Guess I best get ready then. Why are you late getting home Honey? "I had to stop and buy a shot glass and a little something to put in it when ever Bryan or Todd, or Digger, or .... Calls and says REMOTE SHOT!" eek!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-14-2002, 03:15 PM
I will be ready tonight for sure, Nancy is driving (she doesn't drink thank goodness...) and we are filling the Excursion full of BOATERS and heading out on the town for adult time...
I will take my cell phone with me! :D

SCOTT B, you didn't get Beth a shot glass??? wink

Digger
06-14-2002, 03:17 PM
Bryan, sounds like a great day! Even if you had to come in early it beats working!

p.s. try Jameson, or Bushmills, or Tullamore Dew, or Kilbeggans, they are all pretty good, especially if you sip 'em with a beer back. (I like it that way cuz its great exercise for my arm :D )

Scott, I like the way you think!

fasttrucker
06-16-2002, 12:42 PM
bryan,should i call donzi directly about adding a windscreen,or go thru dealer at jackson marine.just thinking about it, when i go too fast my eyes water up and i cant see.i hit something and put a small 4inch rip in the runner last time out. eek!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-16-2002, 04:59 PM
I would always recommend working with a dealer but in your case I would try your hi speed runs sitting down, Oakley Wrap glasses....
Your eyes won't water a drip!
I only stand in the no wake zones.
Bryan

Rootsy
06-16-2002, 05:40 PM
just don't look behind you with those M-Frames on... they really fly well... i found out the hard way frown