PDA

View Full Version : My new 22 Classic

chief bigwin
03-27-2002, 06:26 PM
Hello fellow Donzi Fanatics!

I have been off the board for a while...been very busy. You guys always looking for postings of new boats, here's mine. It arrived at the dealer about 3 weeks ago. And by the way, thank you to those helped me out with the pre-purchase questions. Here it is (No pictures yet):

2002-22 with Narrow Black Stripe
496 Mag HO
K-Planes
Platinum Gaffrig Monster Gauges
Military Dashboard Switches
Cockpit Lights
Pop-up Cleats
Quick & Quiet
Halon
Internal Hydraulic Steering
Digital Depthfinder
Dual Batteries
and a monster stereo to boot

Winter doesn't want to unleash its grip here, so I won't likely get to drive it for another month.

Sam
03-27-2002, 06:32 PM
CONGRATS ! new toys are always fun.

Sam

RickR
03-27-2002, 07:20 PM
Sounds NICE!!!

Stix Magill
03-27-2002, 08:06 PM
Chief,
Your boat sounds awesome! I really love the 22 and your power and options are top notch.
Jealous as hell,

Stix

cummins
03-28-2002, 07:01 AM
Chief,

Congrats...It sounds like a limited addition :D
Cummins

boldts
03-28-2002, 12:20 PM
Chief,
Congrats on your new 22 Classic. Donzi is starting to be more like Cigarette and the other custom boat builders more and more. (Paint schemes, engine options, etc.) If you have the dollars, you can get them built just about any way you want now. Hope she brings you many happy afternoons on the lake!

CrackerJack
03-28-2002, 12:39 PM
Congratulations on getting a great Donzi.
Until you are able to go Donzing just sit in it
and make noise. Madpoodle, I believe claims it
helps somewhat. Jack

Danny
03-28-2002, 02:52 PM
Chief
Congratulations,nice boat, the Quick and Quiet will keep the cottagers' association off your back.
Did you get the boat from Gordon Bay or Hot Knots?
We are supposed to get snow again tonight. I'm scared to take the covers off the boats. I'm sure your lake is still ice covered. Penetang and Midland Bay are still covered but starting to see some blue around the edges.
Have a great summer!
Danny

Blewbyu
03-28-2002, 07:26 PM
I'm more jealous than Stix, but mainly about the military switches.....seriously would like to see some pics of those!
Congratulations!!!Sounds like a butt kickin' boat!
Jeff :D eek! eek!

JimG205
03-28-2002, 08:15 PM
Chief-Good luck with your 22!Please post pix ASAP.Jim

HP 600SC
03-28-2002, 09:35 PM
Chief, Cummins said it exactly, sounds like
an S/E without the paint job and the different
engine. Congrats!! Like to see that narrow stripe
photo???

Crazy Horse
03-28-2002, 10:01 PM
Chief, You're going to love that engine. I've got a 496 in my 2001 22. Sweeeeeet! Good luck & congrats.

Dr. Dan
03-29-2002, 06:49 AM
Congrats!!! Sounds like a sweet Ride indeed! eek! Now all you have to do is hook up & tow that puppy down to Kentucky and join in all the "Reindeer Games" :p , Safe boating and post some pics when you can, Good Luck wink ...Doc

cummins
03-30-2002, 08:30 AM
If this is the boat from Hot Knots it is very nice. It was at the Toronto Boat show. It is Canada's version of the limited edition. The dealer special ordered it to easy the pain of the exchange rate. They figured a special edition would clock in @ 150k cdn...A little steep to say the least.

Congrats again.

:D

chief bigwin
03-31-2002, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys!

To answer both Danny and Cummins, I ordered my boat from Gordon Bay. The boat at the Toronto show was nice, but it is not mine. That boat had some graphics that were not my cup of tea...not classic looking enough for me-kind of flashy and the graphic package alone was 11K. Someone did however buy it. It was offered to me at $85K. No pop-up cleats and no K-Planes. I felt that for that price it should have been loaded.

I am going to be travelling for the next 3 weeks. When I come home it will be Donzi time. I will let everyone know more at that time.

See you

Brian