PDA

View Full Version : Test Ran the 26ZX

Shanghied Again
03-27-2002, 06:04 PM
Well the boat hit the water today, Cape island through in a MerCruiser Lab finished Bravo, Shocked me! With a full tank of gas and a 2ft chop the boat hit 69.5 MPH GPS, For a stock boat this is awesome! Can't wait till I do modify her, :D

Sam
03-27-2002, 07:31 PM
Frank, sounds like your day was a little more exciting than mine was. Glad it all worked out for you.

Sam

mattyboy
03-27-2002, 07:58 PM
Frank,
:D :D :D
Matt

mattyboy
03-27-2002, 07:59 PM
Frank,
:D :D :D

Matt

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-27-2002, 09:23 PM
Frank, sounds sweet, Congrats.
So, I told you about the transition from a 22.3 to 26.5, thoughts???
I am glad you enjoyed the ride.

Numbers are great too. Our very best one time speed was 70.4 (miracle! Cold day no humidity), and have not seen it since that day, most weekend bests are 66 to 67 (mounted Garmin 176 GPS) on a lab prop and K&N. rev limiter is 5080 on that motor and on my Gaffrigs it hits at exactly 5200 on the gauge, I forced it to hit 2 weekends ago to see the accuracy of the numbers and the tach.

So did Melissa enjoy the ride? Do tell?
Bryan

Shanghied Again
03-28-2002, 04:55 AM
Bryan, Melissa was working, She will get to go this week. The boat wasn,t out long enough to really get to know her but Saturday in Sarasota I will get to know her well. The prop that Cape Island gave me is a beutiful thing she is a lab out of the Factory and we hit 5100 rpm. The Air was cool about 50 No humidity and about 2ft chop. Nice stuff for that boat to handle. I can't wait till Saturday. I will keep you informed! Jaci Traver from Twisted Chyx is supposed to meet us down in Sarasota and do the Poker Run with us. This should be fun! A back seat driver that knows how to race!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-28-2002, 04:07 PM
FRANK, here are few tips I have learned in the last 40 hours.

- When beaching get the momentum and beach, then shut her off as soon as you can, don't lolie gag around, push her up there with momentum and not last minute shallow throttle. That low water pick up is okay once you get used to it.
- Once beached, never let your boat show the second step completely, when I see mine I push her back a few inches by hand, OR at departure you will suck sand trying to get off.
- The ACC switch runs the fresh water pump for sink and transom.
- Don't over fill gas tank, she overflow easily and pees hard on the ramp and every one stares!!!!
- A HEAVY coffee cup will take the life out of the driver side cup holder by the cuddy, we have a new one on the way.
- In real rough water the head cover (star board) will come out of place, put a little tiny latch or something on it, we leave it in so the kids can climb through the bomar.

Good luck man. Spinning a 26 won't be easy, but knowing you it can be done, be safe and take care.

Oh and here is a tid bit.
The latest Mercury Bravo 2001 model drives, serial number 0M10----- and above have an improved upper gear set with thicker floors and heavy duty thrust bearings. These gears are available to upgrade earlier drives. This is the same gear set (aside from the input shaft) used on the X and XZ drives.
Bryan

Cuda
03-28-2002, 04:31 PM
Stop it Frank! I am still hesitating pulling the trigger on a 26 ZX deal because business has been slooooowwww, but you are making it tough on me! :D 70 from a stock engine and that pretty of a boat is just what I want!

DONZIMAN2
03-28-2002, 06:53 PM
Frank, I have two of those props I use on my 26ZX. They really worked great. They woke the boat up over the Stock Bravo. Bob

GEOO
03-29-2002, 09:49 AM
Frank, That's moving!!!
Can wait to go for a ride..
Boy, I'm sure in the future, a Procharger would get her up into the mid 80's!!!

That Great, enjoy, have a save trip. GEOO