PDA

View Full Version : Ice On The Bay

alljet
03-27-2002, 12:33 PM
An inch of fresh ice on the bay this morning! I guess my first test drive will have to wait another week. I did make the mistake of firing up the 383 in the shop this morning. I'm surprised all the drywall is still hanging.

http://www.donzi.net/photos/JHocker20.jpg

2biguns
03-27-2002, 02:03 PM
Ice on the bay? What the heck is that? I've heard of ice for the cooler, ice in my drink, ice for my headache and Vanilla Ice.

And to think that I've been bitchin because it's only going to be 72 degrees here this weekend :p

You folks have my undying admiration living in all that mess. Water's made to be boated over, not walked upon (with, of course, one very noteable exception).

I'll be sure to take the camera with me this weekend and post shots next week. At least all of you in the frozen tundra can live vicariously through us southerners for a few more weeks. :D

BERTRAM BOY
03-27-2002, 03:17 PM
Alljet, where is the bowlight?
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

alljet
03-27-2002, 04:39 PM
The same place as the stern light. Actually, I don't see where there ever were any lights. The boat has lots of one-of-a-kind things, like the fuel fill, wierd gas tank, engine hatch scoops, gooseneck tach, etc. It would be nice to know the boat's history.

mattyboy
03-27-2002, 08:16 PM
Alljet,
looking good!
boating weather will soon be here!
don't let them southern boys get ya down, their summer is spent boarding up windows from hurricanes :p :D
Bertram good question?
but we don't need no stinkin lights! wink
to get a ticket you gotta get caught! eek!

I like the goose neck tach kinda cool!
the lights were probably lost long ago, when the deck was off

Alljet, no help from the previous owner ?
nice looking boat, let us know how that v-drive goes!!!

Matt

boldts
03-27-2002, 11:37 PM
Alljet,
That is one sweeeeet lookin Classic and a v drive to boot. Any chance we'll see her at Lake Cumberland in May?

alljet
03-28-2002, 11:54 AM
More ice on the bay this morning. And only 3 days until Easter! Unbelievable. The previous owner wasn't much help, but the Donzi boards have been. I think I've figured out as much history as I can. Nope..can't make it to any meets this Spring. Marine businesses in Michigan don't have many months to operate, so we make hay as much as possible as long as the weather cooperates. Here's a view of the MOPAR end of the boat.

Jim
http://www.donzi.net/photos/JHocker21.jpg