PDA

View Full Version : A Donzi dealer again

Magic Float
03-27-2002, 06:20 AM
After a long absence we are back on board with Donzi. Our first boats,a 16 Classic and a 26ZX arrive today,an 18 and a 22 Classic next week.The 18 is an exact duplicate of my '86 personal demo,even handpainted blue stripe on the edges of the red deck stripes. I plan to make it my demo again.Then the 38ZR Poker Run boat goes in the mold,boat #4. We are doing staggered 575SCi's and will try to do as many poker runs as we can. I'm excited to be back. Robert Nelems,Nelems Marine,Jasper,Al.

Digger
03-27-2002, 08:40 AM
congratulations, hope it goes well!

2biguns
03-27-2002, 08:49 AM
If you need a deck hand/engine buffer/floor scrubber/cooler icer/bikini oiler for the 38, I'm your man!

PLEASE run the big boat on Smith Lake. :D

Magic Float
03-27-2002, 11:32 AM
Steve, you can bet it will be on Smith Lake,Karen and I live there fulltime,Walker County side directly across the lake from the mouth of Rock Creek. Swing by sometime. Robert

2biguns
03-27-2002, 01:52 PM
We were down your way Sunday before last. Had a long visit with Mr. Beasley and bought up his gas & went wandering. A lawyer buddy and I are good friends with the developer of Lakeshore West and we like to keep tabs on him. We'll be in your area all summer.

You'd better be careful or you're going to make all your Formula customers jealous! wink

Magic Float
03-27-2002, 03:47 PM
Steve,did you buy your Z-29 from Mike Nicknack(sp?)If so I know it well.

2biguns
03-27-2002, 04:32 PM
Is that the boat that was at Richards' w/ 350's (formerly owned by the great Hulk Hogan)? No, but mine's virtually identical with better interior, big blocks & bravo outdrives. I found mine in Sarasota, FL.

I ran up on the other boat a few summers ago at the little island near big bridge with two guys who seemed to like each other a lot and a boat load of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. It was quite comical.

Magic Float
03-27-2002, 04:42 PM
Yeah,Hulk's 29 had been ridden hard and put up wet more than a few times. Last owner also had the first Donzi I ever sold an 86 Z-25 displayed at the 85 Chicago show.That 25 was nice,300 hp 4-bolt main 350/alpha drive,put several drives on that boat for the original owner Dr. Tom Yates.Tom also owned the 29. Never could determine it is was actually Hulk's but that the story always told.

BigGrizzly
03-27-2002, 07:54 PM
Mr Magic Welcome back glad upur up and running. Who knows I may decide to do a road trip and drop by one day.

Randy

boldts
03-27-2002, 07:58 PM
Magic,
Just out of curiousity, what color is the 22 Classic you have coming to the dealership? :)

Magic Float
03-27-2002, 08:12 PM
boldts, I ordered blue hullsides plus paid extra for handpainted red pinstripes to edge the blue deckstripe with clearcoat over it. That's the way they did it in the old Lauderdale Lakes factory,plus I hate tape.Also left off the ski tow andstern cleats like it used to be. Call me retro but it was right 35 years ago,why change a good thing?

Extreme Measures
03-27-2002, 09:49 PM
GOOD LUCK ROBERT

I HOPE EVERYTHING GOES AS PLANED WITH YOUR DEALERSHIP.IS THERE A CHANCE THAT YOU MIGHT BE IN THE 1000 ISLAND FOR THE POKER RUN THIS YEAR.IF YOU ARE WE CAN GET TOGETHER AND MY WIFE AND I CAN SHOW YOU AROUND THE ISLANDS. :cool: :cool: :cool:

boldts
03-27-2002, 11:25 PM
Magic,
I have to ask since I started the club, but any chance I could talk you into attending the "Awakening of the Horses II at Lake Cumberland May 9th through the 14th? The Midwest Donzi Club is holding the gathering at the Jamestown Resort in Jamestown, KY. We had 35 Donzi boats and their owners at the gathering last year. All makes of Donzi boats are invited and the more the marrier. We had a really good time last year and once you meet the members of this board and the others from around the country who attend the event, it will be a memory that will never be forgotten. Kind of like your 86 18' 2+3 Classic. Information on the club and the gathering can be found at www.mwdonziclub.com (http://www.mwdonziclub.com) :)

Magic Float
03-28-2002, 05:19 AM
boldts,thanks for the invite. Would love to try to make it. Tentatively have the Tickfaw poker run the weekend before and the Gulf Shores poker run the weekend after. All I need to do is figure out if I can be away 3 weekends straight.Hopefully the 38ZR will be ready by then but it's going to be tight,it has to cure in the mold for several weeks.MagicFloat

Magic Float
03-28-2002, 05:51 AM
Extreme,thanks. Probrably too long a haul from Alabama but I'veread about it, sounds like a great run.