PDA

View Full Version : Paging Mr. James Root

Sam
03-26-2002, 06:56 PM
James, I have all the info to run the desk top dyno numbers. I can't find your fax number so call me @ 734-420-0521 or e-mail me at sampilato@comcast.net.

THX
Sam

Sam
03-26-2002, 07:13 PM
James, I e-mailed you the specs, let me know if they are complete.

Sam

Tony
03-26-2002, 09:43 PM
Sam & Jamie,

What kind of info would I need to provide to run this "desktop dyno" thing? Is it a program available online? My repower will be completed soon and I am curious about the finished product.

Rootsy
03-26-2002, 10:09 PM
Tony, takes a whole 2 minutes to enter the data unless i need to search for port flow data for the cylinder heads... i did go to edelbrock and pull sam's from their published numbers for his cylinder heads so ti took me a whole 5 minutes. see the post on 350 upgrades and you should find everything ya need to provide... the program is an inexpensive engine modeling program that you can get at summit or jegs or various other places also. cost is like 40 bucks, there are some out there that go upwards of a few grand for a license. This program not the most in depth in a few areas nor is it the most precise out there but for quick and dirty it is quite alright to give you a fairly decent estimate. personally i think the numbers i get for my motor are very optimistic results.. i expect to actually have results below them. Mostly because i think my cylinder head data is a bit optimistic.