PDA

View Full Version : 4th of july

mikev
07-02-2003, 10:13 AM
just seeing what everyone is doing for the 4th we will probably be going to lake hartwell any of you atlanta guys know what lanier is like on the 4th and thats why were heading out of town.

McGary911
07-02-2003, 10:38 AM
No Donzi on the 4th for me. I go out to a friends ho down in PA every year. We put on a professional grade fireworks show for about 250 guests. Wonder if we'll fire up the still again this year?

May do Donzi on Sat or Sun in Jersey. I'll have to see how my schedule works out.

Have a blast all........

mattyboy
07-02-2003, 10:44 AM
well the 4 th plans go this way

clam bake lakeside , jet ski ,flote boat rides,
fireworks show by the FD at night, and well no Donzi or Cigarette rides cause Kenny's cig and my Donzi ain't ready :( :o

so somewhere after the jetski and flote bote rides and before the fireworks there will be

BEER

Matty

Brad Lyon
07-02-2003, 11:31 AM
Last count we are having 35 people up at our place on the Titty River. Should be a great time as long as the weather is good. I will be cutting out of work about 1:30 Wednesday and not comming home until late Monday evening.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and play's it safe!

Brad

EricG
07-02-2003, 12:47 PM
Heading up to the family cabin on Lake Goodwyn Thursday night for the weekend. We'll have Dad and Brother's mastercrafts and the Jet Skis to play with (including my vintage $300 1977 stand-up that only runs at half-throttle and above eek! ).

Mainly just a lot of sittin' on the dock, drinkin' beer and watching the idiots on the lake go by....one of my favorite pasttimes.

Have a safe and happy 4th everyone.

-EG

Tomahawk
07-03-2003, 06:28 AM
Mike - have you ever been to Hartwell on the 4th? You may not find the peace you seek there. We'll be here to about 2:30 on the 4th and Sat and Sun. It looks like rain right now but stop by if you're in the area. "Tom's Live Bait and Sushi Bar" in Balus Creek. :)

mikev
07-03-2003, 08:53 AM
yep we were up there last year kind of crowded but nothing like lanier on th 4th were all i can do is fight my way to a cove and park. the 3-4 swells all over the south end of lanier are rough on my boat and back. with it only being a 19' and the regazza's have a shallow v so it doesnt like the really rough stuff. still does a whole lot better that all my other buddies 19-20' boats in the rough though. wife has to work on sunday afternoon so i my swing by the via the land route kind of hard to launch the boat buy my self on such a busy weekend.