PDA

View Full Version : any other gutsy lady classic drivers out there??????

roadtrip
12-11-2000, 05:53 PM
Great day yesterday!
Nice cool air in the 60's. A little sun peaking through. Time to head for the lake.
This was the first time that we were able to get both Classics out. A 96 16 that we sold to a good friend earlier in the year and our new 22 that we just got in mid-September.
My buddy Scott decided to ride back with me to get a feel for the new 22. Jill, my wife, volunteered to drive our old 16. Expecting a leisurely ride back to the dock, before I know it; she is long gone. When I finally pull along side her at 60 mph, I couldn't believe it. Rock and roll. When we got back to the dock, she took Scott, a rookie boater, out for a couple of pointers. Awesome.
Now my only fear is that we may end up being a two Classic family. Great time. How many more of you out there have a speed demon momma for a wife that knows how to run the old Classic too?

FASTEDDIE
12-11-2000, 07:39 PM
Lady Augusta lives at my house and can drive the mean 22-502 and then back it up in the slip without banging the skeg. Hell, she likes speed so much she convinced me to by her the Eldorado ETC with the 300HP Northstar and she can handle that better than most of the boys. Last Friday night we were on the strip and a car full of kids pulled up at the light next to us in a new hot Pontiac sports model. Light turned green and Mama blew them off by two car lengths. Next light they regrouped in disbelieve and BANG, light turned green and they lost again. I now look
over and I see four high school kids laughing their heads off because Grandma is kicking their ass.
When I was a kid growing up in Albany ,New York their was a girl who would race with us in the streets every Saturday night. She was from Schenectady,New York and she could beat any of the guys on a given night. The year was 1960. Maybe you heard of her. Her name was Cha Cha Muldowney.

------------------
FASTEDDIE

boldts
12-11-2000, 08:50 PM
Let me tell you guys. Watch out for unsuspecting lady boat drivers. A couple of years ago, my brother wanted to take my dad and I for a ride in his boat. I left my Donzi with my mom and sister-in-law. When we returned to where we had left my boat, it was gone! Needless to say, I was very worried! Next thing I know, here comes mom with the throttle at W/O and my sister-in-law laughing and waving to us. It seems there were some people diving off a cliff and they wanted to go check it out. My dad has a picture of my mom driving the Donzi which we gave them as a Christmas present. I want to get that picture back so I can scan it and put it on my web site. It was a wonderful and surprising day at the lake.

Scott Boldt

Dr. Dan
12-12-2000, 07:15 PM
Boy,thats a great story Fasteddie? I'm facinated by lil' trivia like that. I had a similar experience with my leadfoot bride. I have a '93 Ford Lightning and she is never too shy to smokem at the lights. We just got our 22 Classic and I want her to be comfortable driving on her own or with her beautiful girlfriends, hey, someones gotta do it! ...Doc