PDA

View Full Version : Question for JKeefe

JP BRESCIA
08-05-2002, 07:00 PM
I am seriously looking into purchasing a set of Lenco electric tabs for my 1980 18C. I have been debating between Lenco and Bennett HD. None of the area stores have Lenco in stock and the the only Bennetts they have are the 120's and I want the 80's. Now to my question.

The thru hull is positioned very low on the transon and I am questioning if I have room to mount the actuator for the Lenco electric? Or even the Bennetts for that matter. I cannot locate any measurements from the directions or the mounting templates I have found at various places. The actuator for the Lenco looks much longer than the one for the Bennetts. From the diagram it looks like that is due to the motor being located in the actuator. I am looking for the length as measured from the hull bottom (or trim plane and I'll add 1/4 inch) to the top of the actuator. This should allow me to figure if it fits within my range. As long as the actuator mounts to the center of the trim plane. :rolleyes:

To anyone else who has the Bennett M80's and has a free moment, I would greatly appreciate a measurement from you as well. From what I understand, I can order a 1" shorter actuator from Bennett.

Thanks in advance.

JP

Paul Storti
08-05-2002, 08:38 PM
I have the installation instructions that came with my boat for my Bennett tabs they are on a 22zx I can fax them to you if you want I'm not sure what model I have but I can give you the size. Also you can call Bennett I've heard they have great customer service. 954-427-1400

CrackerJack
08-05-2002, 09:27 PM
JP,
I'll take some measurements Tuesday and send them
to you. Lenco has two models, the edge mount which
lowers the mounting position and standard mount.
I have the standard mount. I talked to Lenco and they were very helpful (561-288-2662). They
were very easy to install and react to the controlls quickly.

RPD
08-05-2002, 09:55 PM
You can get the info you want from the websites.. the Lenco site has the complete installation instructions available to read online or download as a PDF file.... The Bennett site is informative but I don't remember if it had the instructions....

I got a set of the Lencos for my 16OB but returned them to BoatersWorld because:(1) the mounting bracket bolts to the plane so that you have the heads of three bolts spoiling the water flow (2) they are heavy, and my OB already has enough weight on the transom, and (3)I didn't like the location options on the OB because of the motor well. I did like the size and the chord longer than the width.

I looked at the Bennetts at West... they are lighter at the transom because the weight is in the master pump/oil reservoir... the Bennetts have no bolts going through them but the M80s have a "bat wing" design so they might not be any lower drag than the Lencos... most Bennetts have the width longer than the chord but the M80s are 8" wide and 10" long.... By the way, on the website you'll find a version of the M80 sold as a bass boat tab that only differs by being black powder coated, very nice, not in stock at West but they said they could order them.... I'm still considering the black version of the M80s.

Moody Blu'
08-05-2002, 10:32 PM
JP check these out.......

http://arneson-industries.com/Arneson%20Rocker%20Plates.htm

theres plenty of clearance with these, but they may be a bit too much money.

BUt I think they rock!

JP BRESCIA
08-06-2002, 08:33 AM
Thanks to all of the replys. I have reviewed the installation instructions for both. They do not provide the measurement I am looking for. Thanks JKeefe for the number of Lenco. I will call them and get the measurements.