PDA

View Full Version : Just Checking........

knee deep
06-30-2003, 03:57 AM
Okay guys I know I'm right on this one but find it kind of funny. There was a "so called" '69 18 on E-Bay this past weekend, I doubt it was as it was a barrel back and is probably one of the last ones built in '68. BUT, the archives show a brochure from '69 and the 18 in it is also a barrel back! I have learned from this site that the transom change occured in '68. My boat is almost defineately a '68 judging by the hull number and engine it was likely built in mid to late '68. It is not a barrelback. The hull number is C18-24 and CDMA's boat is C18-22 but a barrel back. I just thought I'd throw this out there as I find it kind of funny that there are all these "'69" barrel backs around.........

BERTRAM BOY
06-30-2003, 06:53 AM
Check with Chris again.... I believe that his hull number has 3 digits.....I think it's C18-224.....
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

mattyboy
06-30-2003, 07:43 AM
Knee,
there are some other "factors" that come into play

1. some hulls were lying around the warehouse and fitted a year or so later then titled in that year.
2. early boats were re-powered to more hp and stronger drives when they became available and titled then as well
3. early documentation is tough to come by
4. motor vehicle clerks who did it their way!!!

my 16 is a 67 10 hulls before Tony Sporer's 16, and it is titled as a 68 , Tony's is titled as a 67. My boat also was repowered in 69 when more hp and a stronger drive was available.
so i think i have factors 1 and 2 going for me

BTW the hull next to Chris's was at the dustoff and it was a barrellback too, and hard to believe the owner was younger than Chris!!!! wink :D

Matty