PDA

View Full Version : SEADOGS Design Vote

CrackerJack
08-05-2002, 06:52 PM
Mark has the designs and now we need to decide
on the final choice. The front of shirt only has
one and the back has a pick of three. Choose your
favorite one and reply with your choice.
Front,
http://www.donzi.net/photos/acf173c.jpg
Choice A,
http://www.donzi.net/photos/backrwb.jpg
Choice B,
http://www.donzi.net/photos/backred.jpg
Choice C,
http://www.donzi.net/photos/backbr.jpg

Hope everyone likes at least one, Jack

JP BRESCIA
08-05-2002, 07:03 PM
You are my kind of managment.

Tidbart
08-05-2002, 07:09 PM
Choice B

I wonder the where the blue 16 idea came from??? Hmmmm

Nice job Jack and Brandon??

Bob

Tidbart
08-05-2002, 07:13 PM
And he looks like me after a day in the Florida sun... OUCH.

HP 600SC
08-05-2002, 07:16 PM
how about the Cheetos Cheetah.....

mattyboy
08-05-2002, 07:19 PM
looks good, I think the dawg needs to be tougher like a bulldog or something
when they are ready I'll buy one!

Matt

Jamesbon
08-05-2002, 08:33 PM
Yeah, we need the dog or whatever that character was on the back of Madpoodle's "Awakening" tee-shirt he wore in Sarasota.

Mark Albers
08-05-2002, 08:44 PM
Cracker JACK wink

How about a Donzi girl walking a sea dog ???
(you know... the leash and all)

Mark 311 :cool:
Sarasota - - - W F O (when passion rules the game... I get on the water and learn to play)

HP 600SC
08-05-2002, 08:48 PM
They will not be for sale. You will have to attend
an event and bring a Donzi.

Last Tango
08-05-2002, 09:23 PM
In order to get the maximum number of T-shirts for our money, I was going to go with a simple plain white T-shirt. The front emblem will be pocket-size, not giant, and placed in such a fashion as to be closest to your heart. The back logo would be a large one.
Ted is absolutely right about how to acquire a Collectors First Edition SEADOGs T-shirt - they will NOT be sold, nor will they be mailed - you must attend a SEADOG event to receive your T-shirt.
I do not want to squander our assets on postage and handling, nor do I care to create a SEADOG seachest and handle checks and such. Once the initial run of shirts is complete, any money left over will be spent on party snacks at the next event.
I prefer the logo with the red white and blue rope circle. I also like this dog selection because a Bulldog may offend Gator or Seminole or 'Cane fans. Can't have that going on around here. I want to leave that college football rivalry stuff somewhere else. We also agreed at our First Annual Board Meeting at Porkey's Landing last year, that the hoisted brew was truly a symbol that we represent. As stated in our SEADOG bylaws mission statement - "We are a drinking club with a boating problem."
Jack and Brandon have done a super job capturing the essence of the SEADOGs for this T-shirt design. Give them a hearty thanks!

harbormaster
08-05-2002, 09:59 PM
My opinion. I think You need more of aggressive looking dog. Also do you REALLY want to equate yourselves as a Drinking boaters club?
I know we all take a nip or 2 but you might be leaving yourselves liable to a lawsuit if anyone were to be involved in any type of boating accident with a shirt depicting a drinking dog. Just my paranoid point of view. The Donzi looks great on the logo.

clayman
08-05-2002, 10:05 PM
Hey boys , I like choice C the best. Boat is back running today. Yeah! Any seadogs not going to GA on Labor-day want to get together on the ST. Johns?
James

CrackerJack
08-05-2002, 10:28 PM
Mark(The Anchor Man)
Here are a couple of special choices for you.
Back of shirt.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/anchor.jpg
Over the Heart.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/girls1.jpg

Donzi Blackhawk
08-05-2002, 10:39 PM
Hello Gang,

Four images with three choices? I like the red/white/blue rope. Dealer meeting was a huge success, it was great to meet up with everyone for the parties. By the way, look for me in the new Donzi brochure, I got to drive the 26 Zx then the 38 Zx in the photo shoot. Fast boats and beautiful women, what a life!

CrackerJack
08-05-2002, 10:53 PM
Scot,
Good question, but is it any different than a
Bud or Miller shirt? As for the designs it is
the best we could do with our limited skills and
programs. Here is another design that is more
politically correct. Having to much fun with this!!!
http://www.donzi.net/photos/flower.jpg

Cuda
08-05-2002, 11:19 PM
I like choice A.

I also would like to take to take issue with the must "bring a Donzi" caveat. :(

For Exhibit 1, I present the original "Membership Restrictions:

Membership RESTRICTIONS:
1.Those familiar with the passwords "Don Arronow" are welcome to immediately join the party. Those not familiar with the passwords are also welcome to join on the assumption they will soon learn the meaning of these sacred words and will hold them in highest honor.
2.Those only familiar with the words: 'Baja', 'Formula', 'Cigarette', and similar, are welcome as well and under no oblgation to upgrade to the superior Donzi, thus providing much entertainment and laughter for the Donzi owners.

Besides, Formula is the Donzi's older cousin. :)

BTW, that is not my spelling of Aronow, but the original post. :)

Greg K
08-05-2002, 11:21 PM
Check out this Sea Dog (http://www.oimages.co.uk/seadog.htm)

ToonaFish
08-06-2002, 12:01 AM
My laptop needs a bigger screen!

They all look great... big thumbs up to the Sanford artist's colony.

My vote... I abstain! (The SeaDawg can have my share of the adult beverages.)

Bunches,

Celene 'still thinking a bright pink poodle wouldn't be offensive...'

Dr. Dan
08-06-2002, 07:08 AM
Very Cool :D , I like the Red White & Blue Rope one and the new P.C. Dog is cool too! Question, does Eufaula qualify as a Seadogs Get Together? :p ...Doc

David O
08-06-2002, 07:26 AM
I have to agree with some of the others and vote we leave off any reference to adult beverages and boating.
We have had enough deaths here along the gulf coast from drinking and boating. I live about 6 blocks from the marine patrol station and drive by it everyday to work and am reminded quite often during the boating season of the hazards of drinking. I hope I have seen the last smashed hull that has been pulled out of our bridges, piers and others boats, some with tarps over them to hide the bloodstains.
Please let's all be responsible and not encourage drinking and driving.

mattyboy
08-06-2002, 08:18 AM
the dawg should be a bull dog biting a baja in half :p eek! :D so it looks like I gonna half to come down there to get one uhh!!
or I just raid the poodle's hotel room at the next dustoff wink :D

Matt

RedDog
08-06-2002, 08:35 AM
I like it - I like it. Can't go wrong with the Reddog :D

HELLERBOY
08-06-2002, 09:36 AM
I think they are all cool shirts, but the dog needs to be more "bad ass" can't wait to have one on my back. :cool:
http://www.donzi.net/photos/SEADOG01.jpg

Forrest
08-06-2002, 09:50 AM
I like 'em all, but how 'bout "A" on the pocket and "B" on the back.

CrackerJack
08-06-2002, 10:04 AM
Here is another idea or choice for the front.
http://www.donzi.net/photos/acf538.jpg

donzii22
08-06-2002, 10:08 AM
i like the red dog, kinda sucks you cant buy 1 hey anyone from grand haven Mi. area giong to this?

donzii22
08-06-2002, 10:09 AM
i like the red dog, kinda sucks you cant :D buy 1 hey anyone from grand haven Mi. area giong to this? :D :D

Last Tango
08-06-2002, 10:36 AM
Okay, I will clarilfy this once more...
The dog-with-brew logo is on the front in about a three inch diameter, left breast. The three other choices are large format on the back.
Since the major discussion is leaning toward selection A on the back, I will suggest we price for that
Regarding the beer stein, I don't drink at all, and I'm not offended. I particularly don't like beer, but I'm still not offended. Don't drink and drive your boat. I wear car-racing T-shirts all the time, but I don't race my car on the street - same mentality applies. We are open to what the SEADOG is holding in his hand but no new designs beyond that since the discussion for the last year has narrowed down to these proposals - the discussion coming directly from those who have actually attended a SEADOG event. I prefer that the dog be holding a Bikini top streaming in the wind, but some folks will be all upset about that, too, I'm sure.
Eufala is a SEADOG event. IF the shirts are ready by then, we will bring them. IF not...well we have a very active SEADOG schedule. Bringing a boat as a requirement is Ted's idea, but not well supported. In principal, I agree. But I am open to exceptions. I WILL NOT mail any T-shirts at SEADOG expense. Show up, get a shirt. Don't like the design? Wait 'till next time we do shirts and see if you like that one. No requirement to wear a shirt you don't like. And really, no one has the right to demand anything. We are a losely formed group and work by general consensus.
When the shirts are gone - they are gone.
Jack and Brandon have done an excellent job of refining the logos from discussions over a 12 month period. Major design ideas are welcome - for the NEXT T-shirt design we do.
I just don't see why people are so hyper about a damned T-shirt. Folks, this is FUN. Enjoy it. Calm down a few pegs. Everyone gets to play and be involved. Even 'Cuda who doesn't own a Donzi. (Just thought I'd throw that in there, 'Cuda. You are a part of the SEADOGs as much as anyone here.)

HP 600SC
08-06-2002, 02:13 PM
Mark, I second that motion.....I ment a boat....
does not have to be a Donzi...I have DONZI on the brain.....but seems fair enough that if you attend
boat or not then you will get a shirt.
As long as there are enough shirts for the boaters first....agreed??
Ted M.

Seems like the Beer companys have no problem
putting their names all over NASCAR race cars
that run 200 MPH. I bet the guys driving
are not chugging them in the car.
I do like the flag better though....
How about a DONZI FLAG? Yea here I go screwing things up again!!
Lets not get too hyped up on the mug thing.

The mug in the hand is worth 2 in the fridge.
Dont drink and drive!!!! ANYTHING!!

smokediver
08-06-2002, 04:17 PM
I am for whatever the guy who is doing all the work is for. Thanks for taking on the project. I am going to miss the labor day weekend get together as I have to take a promotional exam( a promotion I dont want by the way. But I am getting old!) I will see you guys again in sarasota. Just remember that ranya is not bob's wife!

Tidbart
08-06-2002, 04:55 PM
Jack, I think 'Anchor Boy' will be smarting for a while. Good job.

As for the adult beverage thing, looks like lemonade to me.

Bob

J&K SHAHBAS
08-06-2002, 05:51 PM
Mark, I think you guys have done agreat job. Since all of the time and patience has been done on your end, what ever your gut feel is go for it!! Ill wear it with SEADOG pride!!

pmreed
08-06-2002, 08:40 PM
I had a really long post discussing the various ways that such a wonderful, limited production item should be "awarded" :confused: ? I vote for "A" with the "pocket" logo as presented. Once I unwind my thoughts on the greater implications of such a shirt..........I'll post :p !!!

Phil

Mark Albers
08-06-2002, 09:38 PM
CRACKER JACK wink

The anchore ideal was clever
(just wait till Eufala)
But...
The dog and girl makes it a winner
(dont tell me its your sons friend)

You forgot about "Ted's Shed" !!!

Sarasota - - - W F O (its not the disease that kills you, its the rejection of the cure)

HP 600SC
08-06-2002, 09:50 PM
So ANCHOR boy......whats Ted's shed?

Mark Albers
08-06-2002, 10:07 PM
HP Five oo wink

In order for me to explain the lore of "Teds Shed"

I will need Cracker Jack to up load the picture

Their is also the secret "Hiding Place" as well

Sarasota - - - W F O (all men die...very few really live)

blackhawk
08-06-2002, 10:11 PM
I like the dog. He looks like he knows how to party and he has something "up his sleeve". As far as the dog drinking a beer, I was actually glad to see that. I am sick of this politically correct crap. I agree, people should not drink and drive and it sucks that people get hurt and killed because of it. But come on, putting a dog on a shirt holding up a brew is not "supporting" drinking and driving.

Sweet shirts, I like choice A. Too bad I'm from Michigan. :)

HP 600SC
08-06-2002, 10:12 PM
Ok Jack,.....do tell....

CrackerJack
08-06-2002, 10:50 PM
Do you recognize this location?
http://www.donzi.net/photos/ted.jpg

HP 600SC
08-06-2002, 11:18 PM
Yep.....where is the shed?

Donzigo
08-07-2002, 08:32 AM
Last Tango, Seem like Scot could do that thing where you vote for design #1, #2, or #3. Wouldn't that get a clear vote from the DONZI family at large? How about it Scot? :cool: :cool: :cool:

Ted Muche, So where do yo get the cool little guys spewing things out at the bottom of your post? :D

Richard

Last Tango
08-08-2002, 12:37 PM
Donzigo, et al,
I believe the T-shirt design thing is more of an in-house issue for the SEADOGS, than a national thing. No other event or boat club in another area has ever poled me first for T-shirt designs. They just did what they were going to do and gave me the shirt when I got there. In this case, I wanted to be a little bit more democratic with the SEADOGs, specifically with it being our first shirt. In fact, after 30 years in the Porsche Club, and several time past-President, I have NEVER been consulted on event T-shirt designs, and general club designs were decided by the board members - usually with a happy "sure, that'll do" response to whoever did the design work, rather than put up for discussion to the general membership.
I quite honestly never expected this to be such a big deal with folks. I really don't believe that folks from other parts of the country should be posting about our T-shirt designs other than to comment on the topic and design as pleases them, but not as voters per se.
Ideally, we would be doing all this at a board meeting rather than over the national website, but we don't have a board or a newsletter or a website of our own or business meetings. Personally, I hope we keep it that way.
By the way..."A", "B", or "C"?

boldts
08-08-2002, 02:28 PM
As a soon to be I hope "Associate Member" of the SEADOGS, I like "A" for the back of the shirt. One suggestion though, lose the blue behind the red lettering at bottom logo under the Donzi. I feel you lose the words in the blue. Red lettering just doesn't stand out enough. Since your using two colors on the back anyway, it won't change the price of the shirt so why not alternate the letters using red then blue, then red again, etc. Another way to use both red and blue in the logo would be to alternate word colors. Just a thought and by no means trying to tell you all how to do anything.

As for the mug on the front. I like it! I'm not a big beer drinker, but I enjoy a relaxer after a day of fun with good friends and that is what a club is all about. Having fun with friends and enjoying the hobby we like the most. BOATING!

Forrest
08-08-2002, 04:19 PM
Jack, I'm with Blackhawk and Boldts, go with the original - beverage and all!

Disclamer: No one should be drink alcholic beverdges and operate any motor-powered vehicle of any kind including a Donzi no matter how well you hold your liquor. Just because there is a SEADOG moscot holding what appears to be freshly poured ice-cold draft beer of your choice in an icy mug doesn't necessarly imply that this group rides around the waterways suckin' suds all day. We also drink, ahhhhhh, ginger ale . . . yea, tell anyone who asks, the SEADOG is actually holding a ginger ale.

HP 600SC
08-08-2002, 05:25 PM
Jack Look's good.......but is there anyway to change that mug in the dogs hand to a Crack Pipe?
That mug really offends me!

Ted (Crack Head) M.

Cuda
08-08-2002, 05:37 PM
I like the beer mug shot. It shows the club also has a social aspect on land as well as on the water. This is precisely the type of people that I hoped we would socialize with in the performance boating world. A group you can go out and tear up the water during the day, come back and shoot the breeze and tell boat lies in the evenings. The Reddog clearly doesn't have a beer in his hand as he operates the boat.

I for one have never operated my boat with as much as a beer in my system. You can believe it isn't because I don't like to drink, you can believe that! :D It's just that when I leave the dock, I feel totaly responsible for the lives and welfare of all passengers on the boat. I don't think I could take it if I had been drinking and someone got injured on my boat, even if I wasn't at fault. It would be the end of my passion.
Once we went out to meet some folks at an island, and I did proceed to get buzzed on beer, but I told my girlfreind ahead of time that she would be running the boat back, putting the trailer in, and pulling it home. She is fully qualified to do all of it, as she has spent plenty of seat time at the helm, and I knew she was capable. (she is also handy to go overboard and clear the water intakes as some Seadogs saw in the middle of Sarasota Bay :) )

Back to the topic of the shirts. Mark, go ahead and wield Supreme Executive Power , as bestowed upon you at the creation of the SEADOGs, and pick the one you like best. If it offends someone's sensiblities, they always have the option of not wearing one. I just appreciate that someone would put forth the effort to do it for the club.

Joe

Bad-Tat
08-08-2002, 09:16 PM
Hey Mark!
Just pick the one you guys like and make sure you wear it at Eufala!!!
PS, Aren't Ga folks honorary Sea Dogs??

Mark Albers
08-08-2002, 09:56 PM
Last (wango) Tango wink

On my shirt I would like "- *****"
(on the pocket)
This will let Ted know I am still on probation

Sarasota - - - W F O (when passion rules the game...I get on the water and learn to play)

CrackerJack
08-08-2002, 10:05 PM
Bill,
I believe when this was discussed at Porkey's. All of you guys in Ga, Al, Ms, SC, and NC were
welcome as full members. Mark growl if I am
barking up the wrong tree.

roadtrip se
08-08-2002, 10:58 PM
Greetings from the desert land lacking Donzis,

TEXAS!

While I am not from one of those most favored southeast states, I have chosen to drive fifteen hours to attend Eufala IV in response to the personal invite of one of your "official" Seadog members.

While I do not live anywhere near a midwest state, I consider myself an official memeber of the Midwest Donzi Club. I think the folks from Winni, Virginia, Oregon, and the SOUTHEAST would also consider themselves members of the Midwest Donzi Club seeing as they have attended an AOTH event.

Point is here, we are all looking forward to a great event at Eufala and we outsiders would hope that geographics would play no part in our honorary membership in the SEADOGs. By the way, I sure would enjoy a t-shirt in any design as a token of my visit to the haloed ground...

Truly looking forward to it and working hard to get there, if you only knew,

The Roadtrip!

Formula Jr
08-09-2002, 01:14 AM
Here, Here.... Todd, I motion that second.

Yes, I raise a frosty brew in revernence to all My Midwest Donzi Brothers across the country, even them dogs that live so far away... :)

There's still time to join the MWDC for AOTH III (The national event) and admission is free.

And any one that wants to tow their boat 4k, can join the PNWDC!!! You will even get to vote on the shirts ---- all 10 of them! :D

Ooohh..... oky, that was hyperbole: All five of them! :D :D :D

Stepped Bottom
08-09-2002, 10:02 AM
I like the all the design options, we'd probably prefer the beer mug to Ted's crack pipe, but either is fine with us. Just let us know how we can get a couple of these shirts and the Abels would be honored to wear them.

Forrest
08-09-2002, 10:09 AM
Ted, I'm staunchly against the crack pipe idea!

HP 600SC
08-09-2002, 01:43 PM
Yea. I guess the pipe thing is just too tough
to get everyone to agree on.....darn!!! :p

Last Tango
08-09-2002, 08:29 PM
Yet another long-winded post from the Supreme SEADOG.
Bill, Roadtrip, et al,
Jack is correct. Georgia boys (and gals, 'Toona) are automatically included. So are AL, NC, SC, GA, FL, MS, LA, and hell even TX (poor Harbormaster, damn near all by himself out there and only this weak thread to keep him in touch with the real world) and most importantly ANYONE ELSE THAT SHOWS UP FOR A SEADOG EVENT. How much more unspecific do I have to get? In fact, some Honorary SEADOG Plank Owners whom we haven't seen for a couple years (Forrest, Emmo)are still on the list. Heck, I wouldn't mind giving one to Mustang Susie, Scott Boldts, Dr. Dan, and anyone else who has been a SEADOG at one time or another by virtue of attending an event here in the Southeast. There are no exclusions. Just show up for a SEADOG event after I get the T-shirts finished. I won't mail any. And when they are gone, they are gone...until we make some more.
Now, I COULD change the rules late in the game. I COULD ask for a donation of $10 per shirt, and that would regenerate the kitty for more shirts and party food. But I won't for this issue of the T-shirts. Because,...
I will not be bothered with maintaining a SEADOG treasury nor will I squander SEADOG T-shirt money on postage and handling. If a Florida-based SEADOG wants to step up as a treasurer, then bark now. But that won't change the rules of the game in play this time around. This is NOT NASCAR. We will not change the rules right up to the start and then even after the event has long since finished. :D We don't run restrictor plates, and we DO realize that spring heights CAN settle 1/8 of an inch after a 500 mile race. :D
Bill France, Jr can do what he wants in Daytona, but that dog won't hunt up here in Jax. Sorry, ...I got off on a tangent...
We'll be happy to entertain any and all requests for a SEADOG T-shirt. We won't HONOR any of those requests, but we will make sport and entertainment of them. :D
Additionally, I have seen posted in the Events section, a call to arms by an UNAUTHORIZED Renegade Pack (read; cheap) of the SEADOGs to have an event being proposed for the same weekend as the Eufala event and at the HOME PORT of the SEADOGS. The temerity of this proposal is appauling! Be forwarned! If I have to come down there MYSELF before I go to Eufala to put a stop to these Shennanigans I WILL! Hopefully, I will also be able to give you your T-shirts then, too.
PS Don't eat the Wild Hog Burger (nee Ted Burger) - just a hint. Sorry you folks can't be in Eufala - you will be satirized mercilessly.

blackhawk
08-12-2002, 11:31 PM
Ted, maybe the crack pipe is a bit too much. A water bong may go over better! :D

Tidbart
08-13-2002, 06:15 AM
Mark,
If it would help things in the future, I will step up and act as treasurer. We can talk some more about it in Eufala.
Bob

Donzi Blackhawk
08-16-2002, 07:53 AM
Hello Everyone,

Great news! I have prices to produce the new t-shirts. I need two things, one is for Mark (Last Tango) to call me, second, I need camera ready artwork from Jkeefe. Call me asap.(941) 727-0622.
Bryant

CrackerJack
08-16-2002, 06:13 PM
Bryant,
Sent them to your e-mail, thanks Jack.

Last Tango
08-18-2002, 02:43 PM
I have an update for everyone. We are in the final cost vs design stage. Bryant and Mike at Donzi have "encouraged" their regular supplier to give a down and dirty price. Waaaay below what T-shirt places would normally charge. After talking with Bryant this weekend I have the following new info:

The "set-up" charge is about 25% of the total based on the funds we currently have. The setup charge is fixed regardless of how many shirts we print. However, the setup charge is negotiable in terms of how much setup is required. We can get about a dozen more shirts if we DON'T do the beer stein because the yellow in the stein is a different color and requires a separate run. I equate more shirts for the same money as a good thing.
So...this weekend I have been chatting with Jack Keefe, who designed the logos, and we are going to go with a simpler color scheme on the front. I suggest (as was suggested earlier in the design phase) that we have the front logo dog holding the DonZi banner on a pole. The banner would be white with a black edge, and the Donzi lettering would be black with a red Z. To add the words Beyond Performance in the banner would be too hard, too small, and really mess up the clean look of the logo. Jack is going to play with this and a couple other ideas. An American flag adds blue to the front, hence the same problem as yellow beer. Or we could delete the arm and stein all together.

Also, unless I hear an objection to the contrary, I am going to approach All About Boats, the Donzi dealer in Jacksonville and St. Augustine, to see if they will kick in an additional $130 to round up our T-shirt kitty to $500. In exchange, they would get the their logo on the opposite side of the front (right side) from the SEADOG logo. I have to find out how much the additional printing will add to the cost. Printing on the sleeve HAS to be a lot more expensive since it would require a separate run. The AAB logo would probably be done in black to simplify the color costs.
Still going with red, white, blue and black on the back as in example A on page 1 of this thread.
If a different sponsor would like to step forward here first to front the money or offer more, e-mail me at Varyak@aol.com. Can't wait too long. We want to get them finished for Labor Day weekend.

HP 600SC
08-18-2002, 04:23 PM
Geees, I hate to see it sold out to a commercial
enterprise. So if we come up with another $130.00
then we can keep it clean?
That cant be much money per person......
Hell, I'll kick in the money if you print my name on each one!!
Seriously..what is that $5.00 per person that would be getting a shirt?

WOT-sup
08-18-2002, 05:49 PM
Greetings SEADOGs
I fully agree with HP500 on not selling out to commercial interests, especially for $130! We're a DONZI owners group,damitallanyway!

Had the same problem regarding commercial logo's on our ski jump at FSU, lots of offers but all low-ball. We dug a little deeper and kept it 'clean'.

I vote:pass the collection hat; count me in as (reasonably) needed.

Supreem Seadog and ar-tistes: you guys are doing great on this project, thanks! Let's finish it up right.

Brad

Tidbart
08-18-2002, 07:25 PM
I'm with Poodle. Keep the stein. Pay the piper.

Bob

CrackerJack
08-18-2002, 08:44 PM
We have played with numerious designs and the
mug looks the best.

HP 600SC
08-18-2002, 09:25 PM
Thats what I'm talking about!!
I'm in for $30.00.... now how much more we need??

Greg K
08-18-2002, 09:37 PM
where do I sign..let me know Mark..

boldts
08-18-2002, 10:10 PM
Tidbit offered to be a tresurer and collect monies. I'd be happy to send $25 to help out. Heck, most of the time you pay at least that for a t-shirt anyway. Let me know where to send my money!

CDMA
08-18-2002, 10:20 PM
Heck I don't even get a shirt and I will contribute to keep the Donzi T's commercial free

Chris

Someday Seadog

Donzi Blackhawk
08-18-2002, 10:39 PM
Hello Everyone,

Mark (Supreme Seadog), per our conversation the other day I will get you the price breakdown for producing the shirts. Just so everyone knows, we were trying to get the best price, to produce the greatest number of shirts, using the money raised at the Sarasota gathering. The shirts were to be given out free of charge while supplies last. But, as usual, you Donzi owners came to our rescue and helped with the monies. You guys make me proud to be a Seadog in training!

Bryant

WOT-sup
08-19-2002, 07:27 AM
Glad to see other like minded, clairity of thought people. Count me in for $30 towards getting over the hump. To where does the check get sent??

Brad

Last Tango
08-19-2002, 04:25 PM
For all those who have volunteered to send more money...Thank you! Tidbit has generously offered to be the SEADOG Treasurer. I see no reason why he shouldn't be. Send your T-shirt donations diredtly to him.
Tidbit, if you would kindly post your mailing address and how you want the checks written, I'm in favor. We don't need to wait until Eufala to do all this. Mostly, we need to tell Bryant how much he is working with. A quick check says we have volunteers to send another $130 to add to the $370 I have already collected, for a total of at least $500 for this run of shirts. I will put away the commercial call and save it for another day, such as some sponsorship for the Nov 9th Second Annual SEADOGs in Palatka event.
To all, in case you missed it, Jack has redone the artistry a wee bit and the beer stein is IN!
We are a go on the final artwork front and rear.
Thanks to EVERYONE, near and far, for your suggestions and posts on this topic. We will keep this thread alive until the shirts are gone! If you are NOT a SEADOG, you can still get a T-shirt. We will work that out.

Tidbart
08-19-2002, 05:36 PM
I guess to get things started you can send checks to:
Robert W. Wilson
2600 Walden Ct.
Kissimmee, Fl 34743

Note on check: Seadogs

I'll try and get by my credit union in the next day or two and see if I can set up an account.
Also see how to write out future checks for deposit into that account. My name will do for now.

I'll set up a spreadsheet for current balances and accounting so that upon request I can email a copy to any Seadog who wishes to see the books.

I'll use my own checks to make payments on the account to keep costs down.

Any other advice or input would be appreciated.

Bob

Tidbart
08-20-2002, 04:59 PM
Yes Poodle, I am.
To be honest, I have only used it to buy things on ebay and I am not familiar with its other options. I guess I never paid that much attention to it. I will take a look and learn more.
Bob

Tidbart
08-20-2002, 05:14 PM
I assume that if I verify an acount on Paypal, I can then xfer money from there to my account and vice versa.

I had not verified in the past because I used a Credit Card for the xactions.

Do I have to request money from you in order for you to deposit it?

If this will work, I will verify the account and start using it. It may take a couple of days to get it verified.
Bob

Tidbart
08-21-2002, 05:07 PM
The bank is open.
Just had to get the post back on top.
Bob

HP 600SC
08-21-2002, 06:13 PM
Tidbit, if you post your Pay-Pal info I will
get the money to you ASAP.
Ted M.

Last Tango
08-21-2002, 06:47 PM
Tidbit,
I have just written the check, and will mail tomorrow morning, the $370 collected from the auction in Sarasota. Two items were auctioned: the guitar, for which I received a check for $325, and the giant fluffy Donzi towel, for which I received a check for $45 from Brad Verd.
Thanks for taking on this job. U-D-Man!
Mark (Supreme SEADOG)

Tidbart
08-21-2002, 08:15 PM
Ted,
I just heard something on the news about Paypal being investigated. I didn't catch the whole story, but I am going to look into it. I am a bit leary at the moment about giving them my bank account info at this time.
If you wouldn't mind, sending a check in the mail this time it would be appreciated. Maybe they can get things straightened out soon and I will commence with Paypal after that. I hope you understand. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Bob

HP 600SC
08-21-2002, 08:37 PM
No sweat .....Checks going out tomm.
Thank you for your help!!!
Ted M.

Tidbart
08-24-2002, 06:14 PM
Recent receipts:

Mark, Ted, and Brad.

Poodle the other day.

Thanks,
Bob

I will start a list for emails to contact you guys personally in the future.

Ted, I know I can't get yours off the site.

Will see you guys in eufala.

Last Tango
08-27-2002, 08:52 PM
Latest update.
I spoke with Mike Miller today and he is going to re-do the format of the artwork so it can be downloaded in the proper artform for the printer. The setup is costing about $170, The shirts will cost about 6.50 each to print. Based on our current and projected cash flow, that's about 50 or so t-shirts.
They will Not be ready for Labor Day weekend.

bverd
08-27-2002, 09:57 PM
Correction... it wasn't a towel it was a poster. --bverd

ToonaFish
08-27-2002, 11:58 PM
Does this mean we'll be going topless to Tom's Sushi Bar and Bait Shop? eek!

boldts
08-28-2002, 09:02 AM
Tidbit - Can I give you my check at Eufaula? I'm sorry, but I've been so busy with regular life lately, I forgot to get it in the mail to you.

Also, will everyone attending Eufaula receive a shirt once they are ready? Sorry guys, but this is probably the only Seadog gathering this Ohioan will get down to attend. Really hate to miss out on owning a first ever Seadog Tee.

Hey Mr. Miller, How about those Donzi Race Teams t-shirts? If I could have bought one of those in Cleveland, I'd have been happier than a pig in SH**! I've met other Donzi owners in unsuspecting places just because I was wearing a Donzi Tee from one of the clubs. Get on the band wagon so we can support both Snap-On and Team Donzi race teams! Not to mention, show our pride in the statement Donzi is making in the Offshore F-2 world.

Oooops, Sorry guys and gals, I got off subject didn't I? wink

HP 600SC
08-28-2002, 12:50 PM
Damn!! No shirt's at Eufalla?????? That shirt was the main reason I was going!!!! :D :p

Tidbart
08-28-2002, 03:30 PM
Boldts, Scott I believe,
Eufala is fine with me.
See you there.
Bob

Fish boy
09-01-2002, 03:56 PM
Bob,
If I cannot make Eufala, can I still buy a shirt?? If so, how?

Jody
Fishboy

Last Tango
09-02-2002, 07:02 PM
Fish Boy,
Fear not. The shirts will be ready in a week or so. Once we hand out the ones we have already promised, we will offer the rest for sale. Tidbit and I discussed this over the weekend. We WILL have a few extras.
Mark (Supreme SEADOG)

smokediver
09-02-2002, 07:56 PM
bob , I will give you cash when I see you in Sarasota.

Tidbart
09-03-2002, 04:49 PM
That would be great Smoke.
Any else who like to contribute to the fund, as many have already, my address is earlier in the post.
Thanks everyone.
Bob

knee deep
09-03-2002, 11:33 PM
I don't know if a newbie with an oldie has an opinion that counts I like A but the poor dog looks like he should have a Donzi girl with him!

Air 22
11-03-2002, 09:07 PM
wink OPTION....B
Let me know when there ready!! I want two one XXL and one medium.
Dwight :D :D :D