PDA

View Full Version : 2003 38ZR

SHARKEYMARINE
08-05-2002, 12:05 PM
I am fortunate enough to have a Donzi Dealer just minutes from my home and heard a bunch of hype about this 38ZR. Well, I decided to visit Typhoon Performance Marine (http://www.typhoonperformancemarine.com/) here in New Jersey. All I can say is WOW!!! What a boat. Donzi has really put in some effort on this one. I wish them the best of luck with it. It sure is everything everyone said it was. wink

SHARKEYMARINE
08-06-2002, 12:54 PM
Thanks Scott! :cool:

CrackerJack
08-06-2002, 03:18 PM
Welcome aboard.
Go to this guys web site, great shots!!!!

SHARKEYMARINE
08-06-2002, 04:04 PM
VIDEO??? :cool: Taken from the beach or another boat? :confused: Either way, I hope the camera doesn't get wet... eek! eek! wink :D :D

CrackerJack
08-06-2002, 04:39 PM
I know my limits, Sharkey has no competition from
me!!!!! Would really like to see one of those boats.

Shanghied Again
08-06-2002, 06:23 PM
Tim has no equal, The only person to run the NY Poker Run in a 13ft bullet and everyother Poker Run on the East Coast! Go Sharkey

SHARKEYMARINE
08-07-2002, 06:36 AM
Hey Frank, I glad to hear your boat will make a quick recovery. Did you get it back from MD yet? :confused:

Shanghied Again
08-07-2002, 06:41 AM
Sharkey...It is sitting at Typhoon as we speak. Just waiting for the parts to come in. I hope to have it back by next week for the race. I'm signed up to be a medic boat.

Surfer
08-07-2002, 07:54 AM
Hi, scroll back a couple of posts, "ZR thrill ride" I posted a couple of pic's I took at 100mph in the ZR, a real serious Donzi.

McGary911
08-07-2002, 10:25 AM
I grew up about 2 blocks from Sharkey, and would see one of his 13' bullet boats from time to time. Usually off of point pleasant beach or bay head, close to shore, getting huge air in the surf. This was before every guy with a camaro and a trailer hitch was running a jet ski (i think the only jet skis they had then were the stand ups), so it was really something to see. I don't know if it was sharkey driving, but everyone on shore agreed, that the sick man in the little boat was having fun.

Welcome to the Donzi boards sharkey!

SHARKEYMARINE
08-07-2002, 01:40 PM
Yup!!! It was me McGary911. I realized a few weeks ago at my 20th Class Reunion just how many people knew that was me. I was quite surprised... eek!

SHARKEYMARINE
08-07-2002, 01:46 PM
McGary, Do you recall at Jenkinson's when they held the TUBE RACE and a kid flip his sailboat in the surf end over end??? A blue Hobie 10 mono hull. Going back around late 70's. I'll give you one guess on who that was.........That was the last sail boat he would ever own.......

SHARKEYMARINE
08-12-2002, 05:11 AM
McGary911 Will you be around for the race this week? :confused:

McGary911
08-12-2002, 11:21 AM
Sharkey, I'm supposed to work on friday. I'm gonna see how receptive the boss is to me not working on friday, but we've been pretty busy, and i calculate my odds at about 25%. If i get lucky and get the day off, I'll be out on my boat (the one in my avatar <--) just off of the Manasquan Inlet. That's where the spectator area was for the last SBI race. If i manage to swing the day, i'll post it here for sure, and have plenty of room on the boat for anyone that wants a front row seat.

boldts
08-12-2002, 02:49 PM
Sharkey - Welcome to the Donzi Registry! I too had not seen the new 38ZR until this past weekend in Cleveland at the APBA race. I was very impressed with the boats new technology and look. The more I saw the boat, the more I liked it and I'm an old school flat deck, straight transom type of person. I'll have to win a lottery to buy one anytime soon, but like you said, "WOW" what a boat!

SHARKEYMARINE
08-16-2002, 03:21 AM
Thank you Boldts! In fact I just saw again yesterday. Just outright a beautiful boat. :cool:

SundanceKid
08-16-2002, 10:22 AM
The "new" Donzi dealer in south Florida, The Aqua Toy Store, has what looks just like the ZR in the "ZR Thrill Ride" post. Staggered engines, red gel-coat bottom, and Donzi in red near the transom.