Magic Float
06-09-2002, 01:58 PM
Cape Cod, really rough conditions,The 38ZR wins Factory 2

HP 600SC
06-09-2002, 06:10 PM
Just to add to that.....it was the factory boat
Driven by Doug Valentine and Mike Stancomb
Congrats guys!!!
Did anyone hear how the Snap-On Donzi F-2 did??
Ted M.

blackhawk
06-09-2002, 07:13 PM
It looks like the Snap-on boat took 3rd. So, that would mean that a Donzi took 1st AND 3rd place!!! :D

KMLFAMILY
06-09-2002, 07:54 PM
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE BOYS ! We met Steve Simon and Doug Valentine in the dry pit"s Sat.and they talked with us like old friends.DONZI people really are the best. In Sat.time trials we passed by the team boat on the river in our DONZI and cheered them.In return they cheered us back it was great.All the drivers there were great to the kid"s too.It was rough race day. !

Looped
06-09-2002, 08:02 PM
That’s great to hear! On Saturday we had 4 boats lined up at the start/finish line all ready to watch the races. It turned out that the course was changed or something so they did not have the go ahead to run the races on Saturday and move all of the races to Sunday. We stuck around to watch the practice runs for a few hours along with heading in by the cranes that were lifting the boats in and out of the water. This was pretty wild to be cruising all around this area with all of the race boats surrounding us going in and out to the course for more runs. I only saw one of the Donzi's go out a few times along with a smaller capsule batboat drift into shore into the rocks with no one helping him out??? We did not stick around for Sunday to see all of the races combined but what I saw and video taped on Saturday was well worth it.

I saw a 22’ Blackhawk up the river but he was docking up at his house and heading inside before I could talk to him.

Way to go Donzi!!!!

ToonaFish
06-09-2002, 11:49 PM
Clearly, Donzi likes it rough!

Time To Celebrate!

KMLFAMILY
06-10-2002, 07:41 AM
It was very rough SUNDAY and that is what the team desired.We headed out to the course mid-morning and had to return to the river.On our way back in we passed by a guy on 26-27 PowerPlay boat.He yells over to us "Whats the matter too rough for you out there and smiles "The kids decided that it was fun out there and want to make one more trip.They put on there rain ponchos and we get to the mouth of the river and guess who"s headed in ? Yeah most of the parking lots were full of boats.Some 27-35 ft.I have a whole new respect for race boat drivers.It was all fun !Sorry i didn"t get to meet ya LOOPED.Maybe you can post some pic"s for me ? I did meet some OSO members.Only saw the Blackhawk and one ZX also.

mattyboy
06-10-2002, 07:55 AM
:D :D :D :D

SWEET!!!

Matt

Looped
06-10-2002, 09:13 AM
Ken,

I was looking for you on Saturday but I only saw the Blackhawk and one other Donzi Classic with dark sides (at the time we were anchored diagonally across the cranes when I saw the second Donzi). Maybe you saw me on either a 31’ Sea Ray (White w/green boot stripe named Sudden Comfort), 24’ Formula F 242 LS (white, blue & black with checkered flags on the back) or a 27’ Baja shoters (white green Purple) but by far the CC Sea Ray had the best view, a grill & a full head :D .

The APBA really needs to get their act together because there were a lot of boats out there on Saturday thinking that they were watching a race but we thought something was wrong with no choppers flying overhead. We kept having this guy in a Cigarette telling us to move out there all for nothing. The driver on the Pier 57 boat at least kept us entertained by toying around us for a little while.

I guess it worked out for the best for the weather conditions because on Saturday it really was not rough at all.

I forgot to bring my camera and only brought my non-digital video camera for about 45 mins of shots. I will try to get it converted to digital so that I can post some parts of it. At one point we had about 5 or six large race boats surrounding us while we were heading out so I was going a bit crazy with the camera.

Craig

KMLFAMILY
06-10-2002, 11:58 AM
Craig, I sent you a message