PDA

View Full Version : oil filters and plugs.....

Moody Blu'
06-28-2003, 12:00 AM
well, I'm just wonderin if you guys think its worth the 8 bux for the k&n filter with drain stop valve?

or should i get a fram?

whats the best plugs to run in the 351w?

I heard the champions are the best but people are telling me the ford motocraft are better for it? :confused:

thanks in advance...

time to rip it up!!!!!

whos meeting me at dutchmans this summer?? :D

BillG
06-28-2003, 09:32 PM
I'm running Motorcraft plugs in my 351 and they get the job done. Motorcraft filters also have a no drainback valve.
Bill G

JimG
06-29-2003, 06:38 AM
Motorcraft & Motorcraft for my 351...

mattyboy
06-29-2003, 08:09 AM
Blu,
Champions have had some quality issues in the past,I used motorcraft( autolite copper heads or something like that??) plugs but be careful there are 2 sizes for the 351w I found that out :rolleyes: I have the larger plug, the smaller plugs are for the newer engines. I have used Fram filters in the past but could only get a purolator this time. I made the parts place order a few for me.

Matty

Moody Blu'
07-02-2003, 11:37 PM
anyone know the plug #?

I guesss ill get a motocraft oil filter too... :D

thanks for the help guys. :D

Ralph Savarese
07-03-2003, 10:40 AM
I prefer AC Delco but due to rusting problems I went to champion stainless no difference in performance. They make them for Fords also!
www.sparkplugs.com/more_info.asp?AAIA=&pid=8664 (http://www.sparkplugs.com/more_info.asp?AAIA=&pid=8664)

Moody Blu'
07-04-2003, 01:56 PM
update:

I had my friend pick up a motocraft oil filter and some mobil one for me but they didnt carry motocraft plugs?????? My bud just picked up the oil change stuff.

I went back and gave in and bought the autolite platinums because they were out of champions and had no other plugs for my 351w in stock...(I ended up buying the last 8 plugs they had for a 351w :D (I feel bad for the next guy :o )

I also noticed they had the fram x2 filter. I read in jegs the other day that it filters down to 15 microns. So I said what the hell and i bought one and figured I would take the motocraft back or keep it for next season.

Shortly after leavin walmart i called up big griz to wish him a happy 4th. I told him about my filters and He pretty much said it dont matter what filter u use. He also said the motocrafts are made by autolite so I guess i got the right plugs wink

I'm really a NGK kinda guy but them v power plugs are spendy$$$$ wink

see ya on the water!!!! :D