PDA

View Full Version : New Paint Scheme... OPINIONS WANTED!

Rootsy
06-26-2003, 06:59 PM
well... later this summer i'll have the motor out for some rearranging and a dyno session... at that time i plan to do a new MOTOR paint scheme... just cause it could be much better than currently finished... since we can't do a poll i guess i'll just have to do it this way.... i wouldn't ask if i didn't want a ton of opinions so i have many options to think about!

currently she is ORANGE... and the boat is white sides and top with red boot stripe, red carpet, white seats, engine compartment is also white...

my first thought is "make it a blue motor" ie mercury racing paint scheme... w/ my custom logo engraved aluminum valve covers... gotta advertise ya know :D

SOOOO fire away with some detailed suggestions huh! might just end up using one of em wink

mattyboy
06-26-2003, 07:16 PM
red and white!!! simple, classy, just donzi
plus think of the sleeper factor wink eek!
I can hear em saying""" **** that lil white donzi looked like a 4.3 nothing much walked by us doing 80!!!! wink plus then you can get away with hey it's all STOCK!!!!!! eek! wink
Matty

Jbesst
06-26-2003, 07:37 PM
Jamie,Being a old gearhead, I really thought the early chevy orange and Corvette script valve covers looked right in your classic. But if you "feel the need" to change those valve covers would look good in my flatblack slammed 49 chevy panel truck! Back to your poll, since your a tractor guy Allis( Omaha)orange on the entire engine including fabricated smoothie valve covers and flame arestor except your stainless exhaust and a few select pieces would be different and trick. I know it sounds odd, but saw a 55 high tech chevy Nomad that was done like that and everyone who looked at it loved it! Have fun with your project.Oh yeah the Nomad was white with red trim.

smoothie
06-26-2003, 07:46 PM
I always liked the old canary yellow Donzis with a yellow deck and sides and a white bottom and stripes,white interior.And for the valve covers...Darn it anyways,I was going to do a set for my cig this winter custom ingraved. :D

HyperDonzi
06-26-2003, 08:23 PM
I think doing the block red, all accessories chrome or powder coated or anodized (sp) red. Red with chrome...

ToonaFish
06-26-2003, 08:31 PM
Just what exactly are you boys engraving on your valves???

Bunches,

Celene 'bathroom walls, bedposts, but valve covers?'

mattyboy
06-26-2003, 08:50 PM
TICONDEROGA NEW YORK 10921, when it's not UP and running it says tiny1 :p eek! :D

Matty

goatee
06-26-2003, 09:46 PM
i'm with smoothie

BUIZILLA
06-27-2003, 06:09 AM
I gotta give this one some thought.....

J

mattyboy
06-27-2003, 07:42 AM
sorry Jamie thought you were talking about the boat, not the engine.
I know chevies ain't red but i think red would look good in your boat

Matty