PDA

View Full Version : Z Care and now its my turn

Shanghied Again
08-04-2002, 05:34 PM
Well bad weekend! Tomorow I make my first claim, I just hope it is done in time for my summer runs, My Bravo1 sounds like a blender and now I am land locked, Hopefully my years of dedication with Donzi will pay off and I will be running once again!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-04-2002, 05:40 PM
Frank, at this point your 1 year limited Merc warranty should cover it.
Bryan

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-05-2002, 05:25 PM
Frank, did you take my advice?
Any luck, word etc?
Bryan

Shanghied Again
08-05-2002, 07:17 PM
Bryan Drive is a part waiting for MerCruisers ok and they will send up the pack, Three gears are gone they are clean breaks, There is no other damage except for the shifter cable that wasn't put in right, She is loaded with water and should be replaced, The boat is home the drive is at Typhoon, Fingers crossed should be running by Friday.

JP BRESCIA
08-05-2002, 07:26 PM
I hope it all works out. I was looking forward to seeing the new boat at Jackson.

Hardonzi
08-05-2002, 07:47 PM
My drive oil bottle cracked and fried my drive 2 weeks ago,Donzi Z care gave me a BRAND NEW DRIVE!Thats right"BRAND NEW"!!Fixed my lowers (gears) at 100 hrs.It`s been good to me!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-05-2002, 09:02 PM
HARDONZI, I must ask????
Why do you think is new? I was told that once then ran the serial #, REMAN....
What was the price???? They only buy remans if they are available, whole drive remans are an easy find. What is the new serial ### ???
If you got new you are in GREAT shape, congrats.
Bryan

Moody Blu'
08-05-2002, 10:28 PM
damn howd that happen frank?

undertaker
08-06-2002, 07:17 AM
Hope you get the drive fixed Frank would like to meet you at Jacksons poker run.

Hardonzi
08-06-2002, 08:30 PM
4400.00 was the price,The place that did the work is with our OPBA boat club.He told me it was new,and when u see the drive all shiny mirror paint not a blemish or scratch on it. He told me it was NEW and I can`t see him lieing to me,he would have nothing to gain and alot to lose in the boat club. :D

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
08-06-2002, 08:42 PM
That is great HARDONZI...
My first Zcare replacement drive from a Donzi dealer was $4525 and it was more for the reman than a new one on line, it too looked like new.
Just for GP call Merc and check the serial.
THEN I didn't know any better, I am a bit wiser now.

Glad it worked out for ya.
Good luck.... Have fun and be safe.
Bryan

Shanghied Again
08-06-2002, 09:45 PM
Not only is the gear gone so is the shifting cable, The drive was not set in proberly and water got in to the cable!! I told Cape Island the boat was shifting hard! :mad: If my boat is not ready by Thunder On the Bay, We will still be there Friday night and stay till Sunday, Hey its a Donzi thing!