PDA

View Full Version : Faria gauges

Brad Lyon
08-01-2002, 08:03 PM
I know if I ask for an opinion I am sure to get one so here goes. What do you think about Faria brand gauges? They have some really good looking styles and they fit my budget alot better than Gaffrig.

Brad

Donzigo
08-01-2002, 08:15 PM
Brad, I went to Miami boat show specifically to look at gauges. I met Mike Livorsi, founder of Gaffrig gauges. I have completely refitted my Z-25 & Z-33 with Gaffrig gauges. Couldn't be happier. They look great. I posted a picture before and after a while back and on the "Part" page. No doubt Faria guages are good. Don't know much about them. But, you can't go wrong with Gaffrig. .............Just put a little lube and elbow grease to get them to sweeze into place :-) :cool: :cool: :cool:

Mark Albers
08-01-2002, 08:26 PM
I found VDO, Gafrig, and Faria at a local Marine Surplus store (941-758-3552)

They have an assortment of stuff... Cheap

Mark 311 :cool:
Sarasota - - - W F O (close to the factory and far from a dream)

HyperDonzi
08-01-2002, 08:26 PM
whole set of farias, after being submerged for hours, only one stopped working correctly 100% of the time.

Scott Pearson
08-02-2002, 09:12 AM
Brad,
I have Faria gauges in my 18. I have had 0 problems. I am very happy with them. Customer service is good also. I called because I didnd know what setting to put on the tach because I wore the sticker off. They sent me all the info that I needed.

(NJ)Scott

blackhawk
08-02-2002, 11:00 AM
I am planning on putting Faria's in my boat. Look great and are about a 1/3 of the price of gaffrig. Gaffrig's are a better guage, but in my opinion kind of overkill for what I need.

Contact Mark at Mear Image. He gave me a great price on a set of Dress White gauges with bezels. His email is:

mearimage@comcast.net

RickR
08-02-2002, 01:01 PM
Faria makes a good guage with a good warranty.
The only problems I've had were from overtightening the bracket on the back causing the housing (blue part) to crack. :rolleyes:

The surplus store (off of University Pkwy?) Mark is refering to might have gauges with Donzi on the Bezel.

HyperDonzi
08-02-2002, 01:13 PM
their also vented so, say you get them under water for a small time, they will drain. i think most marine gauges are like this.