PDA

View Full Version : Prop Question for Big Grizzley

Ranman
08-01-2002, 04:03 PM
Randy, I was reading some old posts regarding Turbo props by Precision Propellers and have a couple of questions I was hoping you could help with.

I currently run a 25P Labbed Mirage + that works well, but I've managed to damage it so I'm thinking of trying a new Turbo prop. Would you recommend the Turbo 1 14 1/4 X 25 or the Lightning 14 3/4 X 25? Would the 25P Turbo be a good replacement for a 25P Mirage +?

I'm running a 97 18 Classic 350MAG MPI 300hp
Bravo One 1.65:1
I get 66-68mph on GPS and 4900-5000 on the VDO Tach.

Do you think the Turbo might net an improvment.?

BigGrizzly
08-02-2002, 03:33 PM
I have founf that the turbo of the same pitch as the Marage netts more speed on my boats they look almost the same but have more surface area. I use borh the turbo and the Lightning. I like the both but prefer the lightning as it lifte the hole boat up level. If you go with the lightning fill the vent holes with bondo if you have Captines choice. If you go larger oitch you will loose 200->250 rpms nut speed will remain about the same or up to 2 mph faster. The lightning is real nice if you ventalate becuse it will bite again faster than most others, and you won't have to trim soo much.

Randy