PDA

View Full Version : Central Ohio Donzi's?

HyperDonzi
06-23-2003, 04:15 PM
The last two days I have seen two bigger Donzi's...Who are they? Yesterday saw a Black and orange ZX pulling into the marina, was working, didnt get a chance to run over and talk to them, then today I saw a white and red 26/28ZX, mom wouldnt let me go over and talk to them as we were trying to find a place to anchor. So, are any of these boats on here?

vanstee
06-23-2003, 08:34 PM
Where were you? Although I don't have a Super Donzi, I do have a Donzi runabout.

HyperDonzi
06-23-2003, 08:43 PM
Lewis Center, all boating is at Alum Creek. If your ever up here, and see a 20' red and black Baja, thats me.

Tommy

vanstee
06-23-2003, 08:52 PM
Mine is docked at Pleasant Hill. 18' Donzi Ragazza. Come on up sometime.

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-23-2003, 09:02 PM
Hey Tommy, have you boated on Deer Creek?
We are towing to Chillicothe Ohio on the way to 1000 Islands (7 July) and need a place to dump the 26 for a couple hours to give my older brother and father a quick ride?
Where is Alum Creek in reference to 23N/50W or 270/71N?
Bryan

Scott B, chime in please....

HyperDonzi
06-24-2003, 07:59 AM
From 71, Alum isnt far at all, Get off on Polaris, right onto Old State Rd. and a few miles later you are there.

Never been on Deer Creek yet.

Use map quest, search for:
4000 Hollenback Rd.
Lewis Center, Ohio 43035

That is the marina shop/restaurant.

Tommy

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-24-2003, 10:48 AM
Thanks Tommy, we'll figure something out or just skip the short run deal, we will depart Ohio for NY early the 9th.
Bryan

boldts
06-24-2003, 12:52 PM
Bryan,

It's been a number of years, but Deer Creek is a small lake with not much to look at. Ramps as I remember were steep and short. Like I said, it's been a while. Another question is are you hitting it on the weekend or a weekday. 9th looks to be a Wednesday so the lake would not be as full.

Tommy and Bryan,

Off I-71 North to get to Alum Creek, you will need to make a left at the light on Polaris Pkway. Old State is about 3 or 4 lights after the left where you would make a right. Alum Creek is a much larger lake than Deer Creek with more room to let the horses run. I would also suggest taking I-270 around Columbus rather than doing I-71 up through town. More miles, but a cleaner run and less traffic usually. From I-270, get back on I-71 North and Polaris Pkway is the first exit so stay to the right.

I believe I have that Wednesday off as I was planning to make the trip to 1000 Isles, but unsure if I can do it this year. Be a nice chance to see Nancy and the kids, and oh yea, a beautiful 26ZX and Bryan wink

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-24-2003, 01:56 PM
Thanks Scott B. I was just given rudder orders on our trip plans, we will leave NC via boat on the 6th (that weekend is in Manteo/Coinjock NC with the HRPA), depart the house, boat in tow and arrive Ohio the 7th, Kids function the 8th and leave early the 9th, overnight somewhere enroute A-Bay and arrive the 10th about noon.

You know who runs this house!
My brother will have to try to splash another time!
Scott B, when are you leaving for A-Bay?
Bryan