PDA

View Full Version : Demo props

harbormaster
07-31-2002, 09:15 PM
Alot of you Mercruiser folks are wanting to try different props with your boat. Did you know that Mercruiser owners can borrow different types of demo props from Mercruiser dealers?
Go to the Mercury Marine dealer locater at www.mercurymarine.com (http://www.mercurymarine.com) to find a dealer that participates in the demo prop program.

Formula Jr
07-31-2002, 10:03 PM
Thank You Scot. I never even bothered to ask Valerie over at the local boat store.. WAY COOL!!!

Moody Blu'
07-31-2002, 10:26 PM
damn that would be fun to do

oldLenny
07-31-2002, 10:40 PM
Cool, Scot, first I've ever heard of it. I have always bought props, $4-$500 CAN from my dealer and they were NON REFUNDABLE. Yes, he is a Merc dealer, three here in fact and elsewhere that I have used, THIS WAS NEVER AN OPTION!!! I am going to look into this.

This is one of the things I was "venting" to Jamie Root about the other night as I can't afford 2-3 Grand in props to see what I like and all that. You Eastern guys, with Spinelli, Michigan wheel, Hydromotive all and the rest at your disposal have it made!!! No "testing" here...

harbormaster
08-01-2002, 02:58 PM
I posted this thread for those who could find dealers in their area who participate in the demp prop program. Not all dealers participate. Lets leave it at that. I have only one dealer down by in my area that participates. Some of you might have problems finding a dealer close by. This is not a Mercruiser bash thread.

RickSE
08-02-2002, 11:03 AM
Merc. props are returnable. All certified Merc. dealers can send back props for a full refund, as long as they are not damaged. I believe they have 30 days after purchase to return as well as specific Fall & Spring restock dates.

harbormaster
08-02-2002, 11:26 AM
That is good info...