PDA

View Full Version : can this be done will this work ???

DAULEY
09-06-2003, 03:23 PM
I would like to install twin small blocks in a 1987 z25 can anyone give me some insite if this will work can the boat handle this should motors be stagger i am looking for some help here
THANKS BOB biggrin.

Walt. H.
09-06-2003, 03:35 PM
Whats in it now?
Single engine or duels.

Cuda
09-06-2003, 03:38 PM
Walt, I'm pretty sure they only came with a single big block.

What is the beam of a Z 25?

Darrell
09-06-2003, 03:50 PM
I don't think you would have the room to stagger two motors in a 25, I know I wouldn't in my 26. If you looking for speed I would go with a high HP big block, less weight, better handling with one motor,(center of gravity thing). I guess the two motors around the docks would be nice, But I think the two motor change over would be more than I would want to tackle.

Darrell

olredalert
09-06-2003, 04:34 PM
------Check the stringer layout.Most often,single screw set-ups have the stringers completely different than twins.If you start moving stringers you are really tampering with the integrity of the hull.Not something to undertake lightly..........Bill S

MOP
09-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Dauley I have a boat in inventory that sure looks like the same basic configuration you are looking to do. I am fairly sure the dead rise is the same as your 25. If you like I will take measurements and get back to you. Mind you all of the above statements do apply, single is faster, stringer work must be done properly etc. But let me tell you this boat runs fantastic, not real fast maybe 50+ tops and runs through heavy chop very well. Also two of everything doulbes all costs!

http://www2.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_full_detail.jsp?slim=broker&boat_id=1099221&hosturl=taberyacht&&ywo=taberyacht&&units=Feet&currency=USD&access=Public&listing_id=3104&url=&hosturl=taberyacht&&ywo=taberyacht&

Phil