PDA

View Full Version : UNDISPUTED BEST PROP FOR A 18 CLASSIC

Grip-it
09-05-2003, 01:45 PM
What is the undisputed best prop for an 18 classic 350 mag/alpha setup? Thanks

Woodsy
09-05-2003, 01:58 PM
Undisputed??? On this board? LOL! Not a chance!

No such prop... depends on what you want the prop to do... follow the stainless steel road to see the Wizard named Poodle...

Woodsy

Ranman
09-05-2003, 02:54 PM
There is no definate answer to your question, it really depends on youyr personal tastes and preferences. Listed below (in no particular order) are the best options for your boat as experienced by most members here

Mercury Mirage Plus - Very fast and very loose. A good prop choice, but maybe not the best. Some here do not like the Mirage Plus as much as some of the other offerings available.

Precision Propellers Turbo One - Quite possibly faster than the Mirage Plus with somewhat improved handling. This prop seems to benefit the 22 Classics more than the 18's but still a great choice nonrtheless. I ran this prop on my 18 and it performed just as well on top as my Mirage Plus with just slightly better handling.

Hydromotive Intimidator Quad IV - This is the four blader known as the "wife pleaser". This prop offers the best handling out of any prop I've ever tested. The QIV really settles the boat down and makes it fun to drive. This prop is also a pleasure in the rough. The Hydro will cost you 1-2MPH up top though.