PDA

View Full Version : Dock lines

Barry Phillips
09-04-2003, 05:56 PM
I recently purchased a 22 Classic with a red boot and hull stripe. The dealer was nice enough to include a set of red dock lines. He informed me that Donzi would also send me a set after I send in the customer survey, which I did. About a month later the lines show up, no less than 3 pair of them, nice half inch lines with the Donzi logo engraved on the loop, only problem is they are black. I called Donzi and spoke to a nice gentleman who seemed surprised that they did not match and he would call me back, which he did not. So after a few weeks I called Donzi back and got the customer service voice-mail, and left a message. A woman called me back and told me she had asked around but did not know with whom I spoke. Always get names. She informed me that the lines came only one way, black. My question is has anyone who recently purchased a new Donzi had a similar experience. Since the lines did not come directly from Donzi, my take is that the fulfillment house screwed up in both color and quantity. This is a nice gesture on Donzi's part, but it would be nicer if the lines matched.

SO-SLO

Shanghied Again
09-04-2003, 06:46 PM
Barry, Thats the only color they give you.
when I bought my 26Zx They said the same you will get red, No they only come in black. After having both red and black. I am happy that the Donzi ones are black. Thet don't bleed!
Anyway the ropes were appreiciated just for answering some questions..

Barry Phillips
09-04-2003, 09:18 PM
Thanks Frank for clearing this up, has not been a great month. It is a nice gesture on Donzi's part. I just find it interesting that they sent me 3 sets of black ones when I would have be thrilled with one set that matched my boat. These are really nice lines, I would buy a set red ones if they were available.

Thanks again
SO-SLO

Dr. Dan
09-04-2003, 09:28 PM
:D Barry.....Liz and I use the better quality Double Braided Nylon lines from various sources...you can also get some from these guys as well....... www.mooringlines.com (http://www.mooringlines.com) and
www.captainjackslog.com (http://www.captainjackslog.com) I had some nice Black ones also, they were one of our many sets..."Seemed to misplace them at last years Fall Picnic at Lake George though?" wink Hmmmm?
Good Luck...maybe see ya this weekend up there!

Doc

FASTEDDIE
09-04-2003, 09:36 PM
Doc,
Let the stolen lines go.You were so drunk you don't remember tying her up ,do you?

Dr. Dan
09-04-2003, 10:30 PM
:D SHHHHHH Tell no one? :p

Barry Phillips
09-05-2003, 07:09 AM
Thanks Doc, for the info I put both sites in my favorates folder. Sue is smarter than I am, 2 of the sets are 20's for dock spring lines and the other is 15' for one sided dock ines, duh.

SO-SLO

Barry Phillips
09-05-2003, 07:38 AM
Thanks Doc, for the info I put both sites in my favorates folder. Sue is smarter than I am, 2 of the sets are 20's for dock spring lines and the other is 15' for one sided dock ines, duh.

SO-SLO

Darrell
09-05-2003, 01:11 PM
Barry:

My boat like yours is white with a red boot stripe and I was sent 6 of the black ropes also :cool: . However my boat also has quite a bit of black on it, so it's no problem. I had no ideal that they were coming, it was a nice to get them 4mo's after I bought. :)

Darrell