PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Marine selling surplus parts on Registry

harbormaster
09-04-2003, 04:56 PM
I Spoke with Jim Martin of Donzi Manufacturing today. He had an idea that he thought would help out some Donzi owners and the factory at the same time. The factory has,at various times,some items that they do not use anymore. This happens for a number of reasons i.e. model change, vendor changes, ect.These are all new parts with most still in the original boxes.

Working with the Registry the factory could offer to sell these items to the Registry members/donzi owners on Donzi.net with the the registry keeping a percentage for helping. Jim has a list of parts now and they will be doing inventory the end of the month so it could change. He thinks that they will sell the parts for substantially less than retail. All the factory wants to do is re-coup their costs. Jim said that Donzi Marine would rather help a Donzi owner than wholesale out to a surplus house.

At this time we do not have a clue as to what the final list will be, so please do not ask.
He did say that the items would be limited. once they are gone, they are gone. A little bird told me that they might have some swim ladders that were made specially for classics but never put on them. Also some old volvo/mercruiser props, stuff for cruisers etc.
Just keep your spare cash ready in case you see soething you want. I will be building a page for Donzi Marine with thumbnail photos of the items that they will be selling. It will be using paypal for purchasing.

You won't believe this. He also said that they found a benchseat Hornet hull in storage that was never titled.

Just kiddin' about the hornet. Stay Tuned! :D

Moody Blu'
09-04-2003, 05:31 PM
Bravo donzi! :D

HyperDonzi
09-04-2003, 05:42 PM
Baja does this, and being less than 2 hours away (doing the speed limit of course) They sell boxes of stuff for cheap. 100-200$, A friend got 3 sets of carpet for his 29 outlaw, new electronic bolsters, a nice anchor holder (like on cruisers, retail over 2k$) and a TON of sets of gauges, and paid 500$ He is giving me a call next time he goes up there. There will be some awesome Donzi Deals going on soon!!

Darrell
09-04-2003, 05:50 PM
Scot..... you da man! :cool:

Can't wait to see what they might have for sell.

Darrell

Dredgeking
09-04-2003, 06:24 PM
great idea. i'll buy what fits my boat.

mphatc
09-04-2003, 08:13 PM
This means I will have to set up a Pay Pal account . . .

A 1969 Corsican that needs instruments, props, and more!

Did they have any spare H&M 302s? :rolleyes: :D

MPHATC

BUIZILLA
09-04-2003, 09:57 PM
Scot, just a suggestion, but maybe a special sale day could be coordinated for the weekend of the Siestahhhhh, for event attendee's to view merchandise, and buy on the spot. Then whatever is leftover, advertise herein AFTER the event.

J

harbormaster
09-05-2003, 07:57 AM
I don't think that would be fair for the folks that cannot make it to th Siesta.