PDA

View Full Version : Puttin' it back together......

James Adcock
06-19-2003, 09:16 AM
Hey Folks, A couple of questions please. I am reinstalling my outdrive after replacing the trim limit switches and would like to know what "Perfect Seal" is and what kind of sealing lube is used with the bellow that attaches to the gimble. According to my manual Perfect Seal is used as a thread locker( I think)? Right/wrong? Will any thread locker work (provided it's removable)? And does the bellows lube have a grease or sealing compound of some sort in it? Will something else work as well?
Thanks for your time, Jamie

Rich
06-19-2003, 09:48 AM
Jamie,
Perfect Seal is made by mercruiser. You can use it on gaskets, o-rings, etc. and as a thread sealer/anti-seize. Some guys use it on the prop shaft instead of grease. The bellows uses bellows adhesive also available from mercruiser and aftermarket companies. You can use the adhesive on the exhaust bellows (if you have one) also but it's not required

James Adcock
06-19-2003, 10:27 AM
Thanks Rich. I am chomping at the bit to get on the water and plan on trying to do so this weekend. By the way. What is Setauket near (big city?). I would love to take my boat up to the finger lakes. Thanks Again, Jamie