PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed with recent visit to my dealer

Fonzi Donzi X18
07-29-2002, 11:55 PM
Its been awhile since I've posted on the board, I miss doing so :(

Had to re register like twice cuz of my password BS not working (Tried the email thing)

Anyhow, point of my post. Drove a couple of my buddies over to our local donzi dealer, the entire way I'm boasting about seeing all these cool ass boats on display(especially the classics). When we get there, it was a whole different story. Showroom was pretty dirty, not ONE classic on display, they had like 1 left over 20something footer ZX and then they had the VERY sweet 45zx outside. One salesman, and he was bull****ting with a couple about boats, so I did not get a chance to ask him what the deal was on the status of the place.

The dealer is baldknob marina in mchenry, IL. I was looking forward to asking them if they had a source for teleflex gauges for our '78 X18 donzi, as well as a speedo pickup for the boat. Can anyone here point me in the right direction for these parts?? Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanx again, and its good to be back posting here.

JEFF :cool:

olredalert
07-30-2002, 08:41 AM
-----I had heard that Bald Knob had lost thier dealer status for some reason.Used to be a pretty cool place to go......ol red!

HyperDonzi
07-30-2002, 11:14 AM
i have had the same problem. harbormaster, could you take a look at it?

fasttrucker
08-03-2002, 08:18 AM
thats the place i bought my 28zx from.i bought it from the owner,not the marina.that big 45ft donzi was killer,i think they are pushing formula boats?what i liked about the marina store was that they sold absoult vodka,ect.they dont do that in md. :rolleyes:

Rodger
08-05-2002, 11:23 AM
Be carefull about Bald Knob Marina. A friend of mine took his 28 ZX in for repair of one the outdrives and recived it back with 6 hours more on one of the engines and two holes in the bottom of the boat. It's speculated that the boat was used to go out and watch fireworks on the 4th of July only using the one good drive, and they damaged it with the lifting forks.

steve simon
08-05-2002, 01:16 PM
Hey,
Bald Knob is no longer a Donzi dealer!! Give Tim Edwards A call at Riverview Marine.Tim specializes in high perf boats,and is a real good guy.His phone number is 815-663-1000.