PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Interior and Built Rite....FYI

Scott Pearson
09-03-2003, 06:03 PM
Ok...I have to sound off on this one. There was a post about Built Rite regarding some seats and them not wanting to do just one piece.

Just a heads up...Built-Rite is 100% Top Notch! Bob the owner will go up and beyond the call of duty on making his customers happy. Built-Rite has always did my interiors and always will.They are doing the Bench Seat Hornet interior rigt now.

And Yes Bob will make just one piece. He just finished the back bottom coushon for my 1971 Donzi. It got lost in the years of storage. He gave me a contact that had the older vinyl and they matched it right on. The interior in the 71 is Inca Gold and it was $45.00 a yard! So 5 yards and then to have the seat done wasnt cheap. But Bob didnt fuss at all about me getting the vinyl and him building the seat. Plus the vinyl was hard to work with being so old. But its done and looks great!

Sooo....is Built Rite willing to work with Donzi Owners...you bet you ass!

All done for now........

(NJ)Scott

Moody Blu'
09-03-2003, 07:07 PM
Holy sh*t eek!

This is like the lochness monster sighting :p

scotts right though, built rite is top notch

BERTRAM BOY
09-03-2003, 07:17 PM
Broque,
Have you met Pearson?
It's actually more like a Sasquatch sighting....
BERTRAM BOY :D :D :D

FASTEDDIE
09-03-2003, 07:37 PM
For all those who never have seen Sascawatch , he will be on Speaker Heck Island on Lake George this Saturday. Lucky us. :D :D :D

mattyboy
09-03-2003, 07:38 PM
Moody I didn't know bilt-rite did work for you??
did they do that fur hat of yours?? or the pads for your room??? wink :p :D :D :D

wonder if they would do a barstool for me???

Matty

Ranman
09-03-2003, 09:48 PM
I second Scott P. Bob and Built-Rite are a class act. I worked with Bob since last winter on some items for my boat. I've now fully replaced my '97's front and rear seats, carpet and cockpit cover. All from Built-Rite and all perfect. The idea of using anyone else is unthinkable.

FARJR
09-03-2003, 10:27 PM
I know now that I probably shouldn't print this but do to all the great comments on Company I called them several weeks ago about from seats for my 67 barrel back and he said no problem. I gave him the deposit and he told me I should see the seats in a week. Well it has been about four weeks without a call or email. I must be the exception to the rule........

Frank

MOP
09-03-2003, 11:28 PM
Scott you hit the nail on the head, the guy I spoke with was not happy with the possible color mis match. He made no mention of a supplier that could match it, I insited that the color was fine having been in covered storage for 7 years and had only had 3 total year of seeing day light but being faithfully covered when not in use. That was spring a year ago and I wanted to go boating so I did the plain fabric thing. It looks Ok but not like I want it to look.

PS I posted, I went to them because I knew they were the best.

Scott Pearson
09-04-2003, 05:32 AM
Frank,
Are you sure they said about a week? I know they have always taken 3-4 weeks to do an interior for any of my boats. Just wondering....

(NJ)Scott

Forrest
09-04-2003, 10:30 AM
That's fast! When John and Sue Harmon ran Bilt Rite in Mcclenny, Florida, it took months to get my new 16 interior in hand. But I must admit, I did tell him, "no big hurry", and I guess that he took it literally!

Eugene Nahemow
09-04-2003, 12:06 PM
There's nothing in boat fabrication that takes only a week! :D

FARJR
09-04-2003, 04:12 PM
Bob was just making the shells for the front seats and had the time to get them out quicker. It is funny how things work out the first phone call I got this morning was from Bob saying that there in the mail. Hmmmmmmm This web site is magic. Thanks

Moody Blu'
09-04-2003, 06:04 PM
I never met pearson, we were suppose to have met a year ago at a N/E club outing but something came up and he had to take care of it.

I did spot the pumpkin on the parkway going south bound while I was north bound thats about it.

matty, they did both the hat and my room :p
They also did a buddies donzi after I recommended them.

I have talked to built rite about building a complete interior for moody. The way they handled themselves on the phone showed me that there a class act.So much so that I reccomended them to a friend and when he got his interior he was sooo happy! wink

CDMA
09-04-2003, 07:05 PM
If Scott's says its good...you can take it to the bank.

Chris

mattyboy
09-04-2003, 07:19 PM
even what he says about you Chris wink wink :p :D !!!!!

cya tomorrow

Matty

mattyboy
09-04-2003, 07:19 PM
even what he says about you Chris wink wink :p :D !!!!!

cya tomorrow

Matty

knee deep
09-05-2003, 05:55 PM
Looking for interior, carpets, seat bases, et al. there are no other options-Bob is AWESOME~

clayman
09-07-2003, 11:28 PM
A picture says a 1000 words!
http://www.donzi.net/photos/jspiroff101.jpg

Woodsy
09-08-2003, 10:00 AM
On the subject of interioirs, I still a brand new white on white set for a 22 Classic... it doen't match the new boat... so it has to go....

Woodsy

Cuda
09-08-2003, 10:11 AM
Woodsy, what's the measurement on the lenth of the back seat cusion?

Woodsy
09-08-2003, 10:39 AM
Cuda...

I'll check... it fits my '97 22 Classic perfectly...

Woodsy

Cuda
09-08-2003, 11:48 AM
I may have another project I can use it on.

AMAROK
10-23-2003, 02:34 PM
Hi guys,

I have to agree that Bob at Built Rite is the best. This summer he made 1 cushion for my cooler and it is perfect. He was prompt, professional, and frankly fun to deal with. A class act for sure.

Bob quoted a very fair price from photos and sketches that I provided. However, when Bob received the sample cushion that I sent for him to match, he realized that he under bid the job. But, Bob kept the price the same. That is good business!! I will never use anyone else for my future projects. Here is a pic of the cooler cushion that Bob made....

http://www.donzi.net/photos/ppranzo06.jpg

Hull #18-83
10-23-2003, 05:29 PM
I had Bilt-Rite build new front & rear seats plus carpeting for my '66 triple hatch 18' last year. As my boat is fit with a foot throttle, I sent Bob a template of the cockpit floor so he could allow for a cut-out in the carpet. Simply stated, the quality of the work was outstanding! The price was fair, the parts all fit right and it looks great! Thanks Bob and Bilt-Rite.

catch 22
10-23-2003, 05:46 PM
Woodsy, You've got mail. :)

oldLenny
10-23-2003, 07:21 PM
Question???...

Will Bilt-rite have templates to redo a GT21 interior? Plain white, no tricks...

Forrest
10-24-2003, 09:13 AM
Lenny, the original Bilt-Rite owner, John Harmon, had every classic Donzi pattern, including patterns for factory mods for rear seat cushions to accommodate different size cut-outs covers for engine clearance. For that reason, I would think that Bob now has all of those same patterns

bpenford
07-21-2008, 12:29 PM
Lenny, the original Bilt-Rite owner, John Harmon, had every classic Donzi pattern, including patterns for factory mods for rear seat cushions to accommodate different size cut-outs covers for engine clearance. For that reason, I would think that Bob now has all of those same patterns
Hello how can i contact built rite about making seats

Marlin275
07-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Bilt-Rite is out of business
try these guys:

Premier Performance Interiors, Inc.
6304 17th Street Circle East, Sarasota, FL 34243
Phone: 941-752-6271
Fax: 941-756-1826
Email: ppisales@ppi-fl.com

bpenford
07-21-2008, 01:20 PM
hello how can i get hold of Bob AT BUILT RITE .

The Hedgehog
07-21-2008, 01:54 PM
hello how can i get hold of Bob AT BUILT RITE .

try knots4u or something like that and send him a pm.

If you can't get through pm me. I think I have his email somewhere.

Conquistador_del_mar
07-21-2008, 09:47 PM
try knots4u or something like that and send him a pm.

If you can't get through pm me. I think I have his email somewhere.

I looked up a post I made sometime back. Knots2u responded in this thread. He is Bob who used to own Bilt-Rite upholstery. Apparently a new buyer of the patterns is in the works - maybe he will give an updated post. Bill

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=52281

jimishooch
07-22-2008, 07:34 AM
bob only does carpet now. he just finished one for my minx and is absolutely perfect.

Lenny
07-22-2008, 10:41 PM
The stuff is (was) ?? sitting in a cargo trailer. Bob (original) sold the business. This Bob you talk of is not the original owner. He only works (worked) there. The interiors are a thing of the past from these folks.

The carpets ( and work required to make them) is all that remains and Knots2U is the guy.

The patterns and such were as last known, in storage, and the fella that owns them wanted waaayyy too much for them. It died there.

Patterns are one thing, quality/materials and workmanship are another. I think this "business" has died. :(

I was trying to buy it with a couple of others... didn't work out. (for me)

CHACHI
07-23-2008, 06:08 AM
Bob, (knots 2u/4u) does own the patterns. He purchased the business from John & Sue last name escapes me but does begin with an "H".
John and Sue had the business in Flordia and it was John's brother that originally owned the business in the Miami area. When John purchased it he moved the business to Macclenny Fl.
John sold the business (for health reasons I think) to Bob and Bob moved the business to Roanoke VA where he still is today producing only carpets.
Bob has the original patterns.

Ken

olredalert
07-23-2008, 08:03 AM
-------The "H" would be Harmon. I did a couple of different projects with them back in the early 70s related to Corvettes and they were great to deal with. John was just such a nice guy. I came across them during my short tenure with DONZI.........Bill S

CHACHI
07-23-2008, 10:17 AM
Thanks,I had the opportunity to meet John & Sue when I picked up my spare interior for my Minx on my way to Daytona.
Great couple,showed me around and I didn't have enough time left in the day to listen to his stories.

He definatly knew his craft.

Ken

Forrest
07-23-2008, 03:34 PM
John and Sue Harmon were simply the best builders of classic Donzi interiors. They did my replacement interior for my '72 16 Ski Sporter, and the '70s classic-style race bolsters for my '72 Magnum 27 Sport and I couldn't have asked for a better job.