PDA

View Full Version : Just got my hands on a 14x26p ultra got some????

Moody Blu'
08-29-2003, 09:25 PM
Ok so, I'm Psyched :D

I know i probably wont be able to use this prop until i switch my prop shaft to a long hub :( Unless someone has some ideas????

If it is impossible to put the ultra on the shortie, does anyone have a lead on a long shaft for a volvo 250 or a 270 lower unit?

the lower units are the same on these drives right?
I have a 270 drive with a short shaft and it has a stripped thread, so I can keep my boat together until I switch lowers.

in the winter I plan on adding a nose cone to the lower and perhaps thinning the sides of the cases for a lil extra hydro dynamic efficiency

So im crossin my fingers that i can work something out to try this prop.

I think I'll be ok with the prop.
I was turning a 14 1/2 x 24p elephant ear prop at around 4800-4900 rpms. I figure the 26p will be around 4500-4700. Maybe less, who knows, but i figure going down 1/2" on diameter will give me a little lee way.

So id like to hear what all of yall think.

p.s.
oh yea by the way GEO, IM NOT SKEERED of ya wink :D

I bet i get 95 mph out of it :p
then all ill have to to is get a bottle of NAWS and ill be right with ya GEO :p wink

<small>[ August 30, 2003, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Harbormaster ]</small>

BillG
08-29-2003, 09:46 PM
Moody,
You can put the Ultra on a short shaft if you drill and tap the shaft for the lock bolt. You have to use the short cone. I drilled and tapped my 250 to run an Ultra. Use the cone to center the drill when you drill the shaft. The proper cone has a hole in the end for the bolt.
Bill G

bverd
08-29-2003, 10:13 PM
You don't want that prop, how about I take it off your hands. I could give you a 14x24 Ultra in trade. wink wink

--bverd

Moody Blu'
08-30-2003, 05:49 AM
well put it this way bverd.

if you need another 24p ultra give me a holla!!!

My prop had a couple dings but, compared to my mint elephant ear it is cut sharp(except for the coule flat spots it has)

I really need a garage this winter to over haul the moody so the wiring is as mint as one of scot p's jobs. Coming from a high end home theatre back ground it shouldnt be that hard.
I came home for a great labor day party, I hope all of yall were partying down hardcore like me and my buds)

I know i havent come to any events, but trust me i wish i was at em! :D
(its about 6:47 am right now and i just

bverd
08-30-2003, 11:57 AM
If you find another 26 pitch LH let me know. I would be real interested.

--bverd

penbroke
08-30-2003, 07:09 PM
bverd: Is that 14 x 24 LH? If so let me know if you want to sell it.

Frank
Presently 14-3/8 x 23 Alum.

Moody Blu'
08-31-2003, 04:56 PM
Frank if you need a 24p let me know, i can hook it up. :)