PDA

View Full Version : New trick!

MOP
08-28-2003, 08:16 PM
Big smiles just had a great ride on a perfect bay, burger and a beer and a perfect ride home. Then my usual hour washing, flushing and covering but a lot less hull washing.

Now for the new trick, I like many have a fairly dirty water launch ramp. It ticks me off have bath tub ring on a nice clean boat. Tonight I tried an idea I have had, I sprayed Windex on the hull sides and transom. I launched the 16, I swished a little water on the sides and the crud feel off. Windex will be standard ramp issue from now on. It worked so well I figured a few would like to try it.

Murphy
08-29-2003, 12:11 AM
That pretty much proves you really can teach an old dog new tricks after all. Here in the midwest, we get a bathtub ring that could piss off the Pope. I'll give this a shot. Thanks Phil.

Murph

MOP
08-29-2003, 08:15 AM
Murphy my ramp is on a dead end creek one it gets crappy it stays that way all season. Its been embarassing at times when getting to our favorite spots and seeing the muck from the bar. I hate going over the side dressed for diner :mad: :mad:

P.S. Let it dry well so it has to wash off.

mikev
08-29-2003, 11:58 AM
just remember that windex does strip the wax off your boat. also thanks for the email on the steering MOP I will be working on it this weekend.