PDA

View Full Version : I Knew It...

GeneD
07-15-2000, 06:37 AM
I was at my shop last night until 12:30 AM doing a NASCAR thing on 007.
I just knew something has been wrong for a while now.
I found a "tulip-ed" intake valve. It might also have been bent. No compression in no. 2.
Got to go and clean up the boat for the race.
Nothing stops the 007 Racing Team.
Lots to say, no time to say it.
Talk to you all on Monday.
Hey, BTW, I rode on Randy Hibbard's 1987 Minx, you know...the Limited Edition???
Freaking wild!
Monday dudes!

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

Gearhead99
07-15-2000, 08:13 AM
Gene,

Better check the other valves too. If it is tuliped something had to cause it. If the valve was ground, it may of been ground too thin. If it is a new valve then check out the spring pressure or temperture. You may have a hot spot in engine. Like someplace that the cooling water isn't getting to.

Raw water cooling has the engine temps. all over the place. Cold in many and hot in others.

Good luck. Need help, just buzz.

GeneD
07-18-2000, 12:20 PM
Donzi Dave, long time no hear!
The valves are new, 214 hours ago!
Yeah, I couldn't help but wonder what the hey is going on too, I just replaced the valve, lapped it and put it back together. I think now that I may have a broken damper spring. I didn't check, and now I'm kicking myself. I have a slight tick now that I didn't notice before, or wasn't there. I will probably put my 1998 350 Merc in there and repair the other motor at my leisure. It seems to be running fine now, except I have a bit of a hesitation and a little misfire. She wants to break up during a no load rev. But other than that, we be okay!
I'll do a compression check and find out what is going on. As far as you coming to help out, you should have been here sooner just to go for a ride!
Come on out this weekend?

------------------
GeneD
Melbourne, Florida

[This message has been edited by GeneD (edited 07-18-2000).]